Rubik's Connected is the classic cube reimagined and redesigned for the 21st century - a Smart and Connected Cube.
With its new technology, the Smart Cube offers a new and exciting playing experience for all levels of players, all ages and all capabilities. Including fun interactive tutorials for beginners, statistics and challenges for players who wish to level up their game, and the world's first online cubing league and competition, turning the Rubik's Cube into a social connected world.
More than that, Rubik's Connected offers casual games that use the cube as a controller, enabling anyone to enjoy the classic toy, even if they are not interested in learning how to solve it.
Learn (for beginners) -
A fun interactive tutorial will safely guide you through the world's most known puzzles secrets.
The tutorials breaks the complex solving challenge into small fun mini-steps, and includes videos, tips and real time feedback (from the Rubik's in your hands, to the virtual one on your screen).
Improve (for intermediates & pros) -
Practice and monitor your progress with advanced stats and analytics.
The App measures your play down to the milliseconds. It provides accurate data for your solve time, speed, and moves.
The App will automatically identify your solving algorithm, and will provide you the relevant measurement for each individual step in it.
Compete (for all levels) -
The App matches include various playing modes, from fun scrambling competitions (spaceship racing for all levels) to pro's versus battle matches.
Get into the world's first leaderboard, and join live competitions. Play against your friends or vs strangers.
To ensure a fair match, The App recognizes the starting position of each player and guides them through a unique set of moves to reach a common starting position.
Mini-games, missions and third party games incorporate various aspects of cubing in order to improve handling skills, instincts, or simple games for pure fun.
Rubik's Connected is a one-of-a-kind smart connected speed cube, for many hours of fun!
Connect your Smart Rubik's to your iPhone or iPad, and start cubing NOW!
* Be sure that your device meets the following minimum requirements:
iPhone 6s or higher
Bluetooth version 4.1 or higher.
- Bug Fixes
- New features for the RedBull Rubik's Cube WorldCup 2021
- New qualification game modes
- Add daily qualification attempts, weekly leaderboard, winners etc... For the new game modes
- Improvements for the Pro match mode
- Add support for push notifications
Ratings and Reviews
Good app. Needs improvements
Overall I am liking the app. It is entertaining but needs some improvements. Adjust/fix some of these things listed below and it would be even better.
1. Please let me finish my solve if I lose in head to head, record that solve and give me stats!
2. A more refined matching system maybe? I’m not sure if it already does this but matching to similar averages would help.
3. The games are interesting but there needs to be more depth to them. The cube hero game is cool but needs some real music if possible and harder levels.
4. The stats page bugs out a bit and it is hard to across up and down the page.
5. The move breakdown is R, U ......... F . It would be nice to be able to see an exploded view of that.
6. While looking at stats after a match it would be nice to be able to rotate that page so it is more visible.
7. After a match let me select “find another match” instead I have to go back a page and then my screen is all rotated funky.
8. The mix time on expert is really fast. Maybe I’m just slow at following the on screen mix. It would be nice to have a bit more time.
Need an additional feature
This is basically the same app as the gocube app. Both apps are fantastic. but I find the sync orientation feature missing in this app. I am not sure if that is because of some missing hardware component or because the Rubix connected cube is $20 cheaper than the GoCube. Other than this, I have no complaints. I was insanely happy when I solved the cube in 3.14 minutes, but that time probably falls in the bottom 5%.
Great app! Get the Cube!
This is a great app and it works very well with the cube. There are some things that it could improve on, but the truth is that I love playing with mine, and it is a good place for speedcubers of any level. Not only are there head to head matches in both scrambling and speed solving, but there’s also some fun games and ways to play solo. The statistics system is so good and accurate. It tells you everything you would want to know and more with easy to read graphs. The cube itself isn’t that expensive, and the app is free. I’d say that if you’re reading this review, you should definitely try it. Have lots of fun!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Particula Ltd
- 210.6 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
English, French, German, Hebrew, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2015 Particula LTD
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.