Juggle multiple browsers with ease with Redirector. Set it as your default browser and when opening a link from anywhere you'll get a neat selection which browser to use. Even private browsing. The ultimate browser freedom.
You can also choose to only show the selection when holding down the command key or the other way round. Or customize the selection window entirely to your liking using the mini mode.
Redirector does not store any link it receives. In fact, it stores nothing except for your preferences.
- Export and import rules and themes
- Configure icon size in Mini Mode
- Adds ⌘+C as a shortcut to copy the current URL to the clipboard, both in Regular and Mini Mode
- Resolves re-ordering issues when multiple versions of the same browser are installed
- Resolves an issue where keyboard shortcuts would not work in Mini Mode in some instances (this means pressing Esc to close the window now also works)
- Resolves an issue where Redirector would open twice if Safari was selected but not yet running
Ratings and Reviews
Simple app and powerful interface for selecting your browser.
This is a beautifully simple app that offers a clean interface for selecting what browser you want to open a link. The thing I like about this most is a person can set up rules for specific links to open in a specific browser.
I love this on my desktop, but it is currently unable to be set as my default browser on my laptop, which is using the beta macOS Big Sur v11.0. Not surprising at this point, but I will still give five stars for being very useful. I can't wait till this is compatible with Big Sur.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your review! Appreciate it.
Unable to pick the Redirector as default in System Preferencesq
No response by the developer for the issue I am facing.
Developer Response ,
All stable releases of macOS 10.14 and 10.15 are supported. If you're facing issues, please contact me so we can work out a solution.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Benjamin Schmidt
- 9 MB
- Requires macOS 10.14 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Benjamin Schmidt
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.