Ping is a simple url uptime monitor that uses your Mac's internet connection. Keep track of the status & speed of your websites, APIs or any endpoint and get feedback in your menu bar and via notifications.
- Heads-up-display of the status of all your sites right in the menu bar.
- Get local notifications when a url is erroring or unreachable.
- Measure and configure response times to see if a url is performing slowly.
- Control how often you want to ping your urls.
- Customize the information you want to display.
- Secure & private: no tracking or analytics.
Instead of paying a monthly fee for an external notification service, get notified directly for free while you are actively working at your computer. Ideal for webmasters, dev ops, consultants, or anyone!
• Adds ability to enable/disable urls so you can keep the entries without pinging them.
Ratings and Reviews
Just what I was looking for!
This little application is perfect. Lightwight and unobtrusive. Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!
it works, but the ping times are totally wrong — it consistenly says pinging my router takes 1200ms and pinging google takes 200ms. When I use ping in the terminal, I see times of ~3ms and ~14ms respectively
Developer Response ,
Hi, the times are accurate - the app is a HTTP monitoring tool issuing requests over a TCP connection. ping in the terminal simply sends packets over an ICMP protocol which as expected has faster response times because it does much less. Happy to chat more through the contact button in the app.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Neat Software Co.
- 868.6 KB
- Requires macOS 10.15 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Neat Software Co.
- In-App Purchases
- Ping Pro $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.