Textcraft is a magical utility that allows you to transform any text in real-time into a variety of 90+ different formats.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE TEXTCRAFT:
It’s built with macOS design guidelines in mind to look great in light and dark mode alike, along with containing multiple tints and themes to tweak the app your way. The intuitive ‘click to copy’, and 'right-click to share’ gestures coupled with the keyboard shortcuts also makes using the app super simple to pick up and use.
Multi-window support coupled with Drag and Drop is also extremely useful for quickly and easily dragging text from other apps directly into the app for quick transforming. Whether this is to add hashtags to words social picture sharing sites, or mimic mocking Spongebob in conversation with your friends, there’s something for everyone. There are also various ASCII text face emoticons for quick and easy copying.
Text transformations include:
- Upper Case
- Lower Case
- Word Case
- Alternating Case
- Remove All Spaces
- Remove Multiple Spaces
- Add Spaces
- Reversed Characters
- Reversed Words
- Replace Spaces with Underscores
- Replace Underscores with Spaces
- Replace Spaces with Dashes
- Replace Dashes with Spaces
- Replace Underscores with Dashes
- Replace Dashes with Underscores
- Initials with Dot Separation
- Initials with Dash Separation
- Initials with Underscore Separation
- Upside Down
- Filled Bubble
- Filled Square
- Replace Spaces with Claps
- Replace Words with Emoji
- Remove Emoji
- Remove Punctuation
- Full Stops
- Remove Links
- Strip HTML
- URL Encoded
- URL Decoded
- Base64 Encoded
- Base64 Decoded
- Replace Spaces with Pluses
- Replace Pluses with Spaces
- SHA256 Hex
- SHA512 Hex
- Remove Commas
- Remove Single Quotes
- Remove Double Quotes
- Flatten List Using Commas
- Flatten List Using Full Stops
- Flatten List Using Pipes
- Flatten List Using Underscores
- Flatten List Using Pluses
- Flatten List Using Forward Slashes
- Flatten List Using Backslashes
- Replace Single Quotes with Double Quotes
- Replace Double Quotes with Single Quotes
- Remove Vowels
- Remove Consonants
- Remove Numbers
- Dashed to Bulleted List
- Bulleted to Dashed List
- MD5 Hash
- Add Commas
- Replace Line Breaks with \\n
- Single Quotes Around Words
- Double Quotes Around Words
- Convert to Dashed List
- Convert to Bulleted List
- Convert Commas to Dashed List
- Convert Commas to Bulleted List
- Hex to Binary
- Binary to Hex
- Remove Line Breaks
- Remove Line and Paragraph Breaks
- Random Case
- Sentence Case
- Trim Whitespace
- Trim Whitespace and New Lines
- Small Caps
- Double Lightning
GET IN TOUCH:
If you have any questions or feedback, please get in touch. Textcraft was created by an incredibly small team of one and I’d love to hear your thoughts. I’m available through Twitter @JPEGuin.
- Added even more symbols that can be shared and copied
- Added even more text transformation result types
- Pinning text transformations to the top of the list now removes it from the rest of the list
- Fixed issue where the in-app email form couldn’t be cancelled
- Fixed issue where pinning items while searching would pin the incorrect text transformation
- Fixed issue where the app would sometimes crash with extremely large pieces of text
- Fixed issue where the first symbol couldn’t be pinned to the top
Textcraft was created by an incredibly small team of one and I’d love to hear your thoughts. I’m available through Twitter @JPEGuin.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great focused utility
This gives a bunch of transformations, and the developer has been very responsive to feature requests. I'm really happy that the app now vends an Action so I can perform a transformation within a different app (though it still requires pasting the transformed text, which might be an iOS limitation), and that you can now pin favorite transformations to the top of the (long) list (though it's not very discoverable — long press the transformation to get a context menu).
Developer Response ,
Hi there, thank you for the great feedback. You're correct about the lack of paste ability being an iOS limitation. - Shihab
Developer added my requested transformation. Keeps refining it, and I like that it’s designed for the new paradigm of universal apps (Mac too).
Developer Response ,
Hi there, thank you for the great feedback. - Shihab
App Review: Textcraft
This app is great. For such a niche purpose, it’s still fast, visually appealing, and easy to use. It is clear that the developer put a large amount of effort into developing this app. Whether you want to MoCk sOmEbOdY, make👏a👏point👏, or elpoep esufnoc, it’s got you covered.
This app performs great, especially for a 1.0 release. However, there are still a few tiny things I would like to see changed or added. First is a “Random Case” option. Yes, this app includes an “Alternating Case” option, but sometimes completely randomizing the case looks better and seems more fit for mocking somebody on the internet. I’ll show an example:
Here is the app’s “Alternating Case” option: I Am mOcKiNg yOu, InTeRnEt pErSoN.
Here is the result from an online “Random Case” generator: I Am MOCKIng YOu, INtErnEt pERsoN.
For me, at least, the second result seems to be more appealing, both visually and while reading it. This is an addition I would love to see.
Next, the shape and size of this app’s icon on macOS is not the same shape and size as the other icons on macOS Big Sur. It certainly looks like it was created to be the same shape and size, but it is not. It’s a minor difference, but still noticeable. I actually believe Apple provides templates for macOS Big Sur app icons at their Apple Design Resources website. Again, not a major deal.
In the end, this app is still great. It’s exactly what somebody would expect. And because this app is so new, that means that there is room for improvement in the future. I rate it five stars.
Developer Response ,
Hi there, thank you for the great feedback. I shall take those suggestions onboard for a future release. - Shihab
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.