Logic Pro for iPad 4+
Professional music creation
- Offers In-App Purchases
Logic Pro for iPad is a professional music creation app that puts the power of Logic at your fingertips. Logic Pro features a complete collection of sophisticated creative tools for professional songwriting, beat making, editing, and mixing — all with an interface that’s been designed from the ground up for iPad. Use Multi-Touch in Logic Pro to play powerful software instruments with the tap of a finger and interact naturally with intuitive controls. Creative production tools — including the new Sample Alchemy and Beat Breaker plug-ins — make it easy to quickly make beats and explore new sonic territories, and a full featured mixer gives you everything you need to create a professional-sounding mix entirely on iPad.
Creative interface optimized for iPad
• Play powerful software instruments and interact expressively using Multi-Touch
• Navigate large complex projects with pinch-to-zoom and swipe-to-scroll
• Quickly shape and tweak your sound using Plug-in Tiles
• Fine-tune MIDI and audio using intuitive Multi-Touch editors
• Discover powerful features and strengthen your skills with integrated guided Lessons
• Roundtrip capabilities let you open projects in Logic Pro for Mac or Logic Pro for iPad*
• Connect any Bluetooth keyboard to access powerful key commands
• Create precision edits and detailed track automation with Apple Pencil
• Quickly access all Logic Pro sounds from a single location
• Easily discover inspiring sounds with a predictive filtering system
• Audition any sound in the Browser before adding it to your project
• Use the Sound Library to access an expanding collection of free sound packs containing royalty‑free loops, samples, and instruments
Professional Instrument and Effects Plug-ins
• Create music with a massive collection of powerful software instruments including sophisticated synthesizers, realistic acoustic instruments, and modeled vintage keyboards
• Shape your sound using high quality effects like vintage EQs and compressors, high-end reverbs, and creative multi-effects
• Build your own guitar or bass rig with Amp Designer using vintage and modern amps, cabinets, and mics
• Expand your instrument and effects library with third-party Audio Units**
Beat Making and Production Tools
• Radically reshape and reshuffle audio with Beat Breaker, a new sophisticated time and pitch morphing instrument
• Use Sample Alchemy, a sample manipulation instrument that uses Multi-Touch, to transform audio into entirely new malleable sounds
• Chop or loop any sample into a playable instrument using Quick Sampler
• Build and play custom drum kits using samples and plug-ins with Drum Machine Designer
• Create drum beats, bass lines, and melodic parts, and reshape sounds over time using Step Sequencer
• Use Live Loops to capture inspiration and quickly build arrangements by mixing and matching loops, samples, and your recordings
• Create authentic acoustic, electronic, or hip-hop drum tracks using Drummer, a virtual session player and beat producer
• Record external instruments or microphones by connecting an audio interface or MIDI device***
Full Featured Pro Mixer
• Shape a mix using channel strips with volume faders, pan controls, plug-ins, sends, and precision automation
• Mix naturally with Multi-Touch by moving multiple faders at once
• Use the meter bridge to navigate an overview of all track levels — even with hundreds of tracks
• Create Track Stacks to organize and simplify mixing large projects
Massive Library of Sounds
• Build kits and sampler instruments with over 6,300 samples of drums, vocals, sound effects, and more
• Over 4,800 instrument and effects patches
• More than 9,000 loops in a wide range of styles
* requires Logic Pro 10.7.8 or higher and macOS Monterey 12.3 or higher
** Requires compatible third-party Audio Unit Extensions apps from the App Store
*** Logic Pro for iPad supports any class-compliant audio interface or MIDI device
Ratings and Reviews
A Turning Point for Music Production on iPad
Logic Pro at version 1.0 is a terrific starting point for a real “pro” DAW on iPad, and I think it reflects that the music software market for iPad is ready to go to the next level.
One star deduction because there are some noticeable gaps between Logic Pro for iPad and really any desktop-grade DAW. Some of these gaps are down to limitations at the OS level, some due to the inevitable “90% complete” nature of a 1.0 release, and some that are hard to understand. For example, file handling is obtuse and difficult to work with, with no concept of “Save as…” or versioning or template functionality. It’s easy to inadvertently lose or damage existing work.
That said I think Apple has a solid foundation here and I’m hopeful we’ll see improvements at a regular cadence.
Where is “score”?!!
Downloaded Logic yesterday and discovered that “score” has been removed from the program! Folks, not everyone is a hip-hop, rap, beats maker (All legit genres that don’t necessarily need a score read out and editor), but those of us who arrange, write for video or film or just prefer a standard notation editor rather than just a piano roll editor, may find this seriously lacking. A piano roll doesn’t give you a quick and easy visual, like notes on a staff do. I use the piano roll extensively when I am fine tuning a feel for a track, but it is horrible for just looking for quick harmonic changes over a broad range of notes. Another thing everyone should be aware of is that Logic is very sensitive to memory overload. I had lots of apps open ( because that hasn’t been an issue with anything else) and I loaded in a project that had nine tracks running each with several plugins on them (no audio, just midi)and I got a system overload warning stating “ The plug-ins in the project are overloading your iPad, or your iPad is low on memory.” I closed all my apps and had no more problems, so beware. I have an iPad Pro with 16gb ram and 1 terabyte of storage, so that really shouldn’t have been an issue. Logic is amazing on most everything else and I have enjoyed using it extensively for at least 7 hours since yesterday (lol). Score editor is a major work flow loss for me, so until that is resolved, my rating will be 3 stars at most.
Not that Apple really needs praise here, but they’ve really knocked it out of the park with Logic Pro for iPad - and this is only the first release. It doesn’t have EVERYTHING from the desktop version, but I think for most folks there’s more than enough here. If you’re already a GarageBand on iPad user and you’re starting to hit walls this is where you want to head. I’ve used many iOS/iPadOS and desktop DAWs over many, many years and the feeling I’m getting when using Logic Pro for iPad is the same feeling as when I first started using Reason. It took a good day or two to really wrap my head around the UI (it’s QUITE different from GarageBand on mobile) but once you do it’s like opening this amazing treasure chest of tools. There’s so many ways to string together instruments and effects chains. When I put a drummer track on a Drum Machine Designer instrument channel the first time it kind of blew my mind (maybe this always worked on Logic for Mac? I don’t know, never used it).
You really get the best of all worlds here - flexible MidiFX, a time line, great audio editing, full AUv3 instrument and effect automation. It’s got the playfulness of AUM with the familiarity of a DAW with a timeline.
And this is just the beginning…
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Apple Inc.
- 693.4 MB
- Requires iPadOS 16.4 or later and a device with the A12 Bionic chip or later.
English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2023 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Logic Pro for iPad $49.00
- Logic Pro for iPad $4.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.