Peru’s Best: Travel Guide 4+
Highlights & trip ideas
Designed for iPad
PERU’S BEST is the ideal travel guide to this extraordinary country. Written by a Peru-resident travel writer it explores key DESTINATIONS; suggests ITINERARIES; details dozens of SIGHTS and ACTIVITIES; and suggests great spots to EAT. All content (200+ points-of-interest/330+ pics) is original and independent; no recommendations are ads!
*** Published by TouchScreenTravels.com: independent travel guides for the digital age. Our Touch, Your Travels. ***
PERU’S BEST starts with essential TRIP-PLANNING information and an overview of key REGIONS and DESTINATIONS to provide perfect orientation.
A hand-crafted ITINERARIES section then offers over half-a-dozen different multi-day itineraries to help with trip planning, as well as detailing how first-timers might best spend their time discovering key places: Lima, Cusco or Maccu Picchu in a day.
The next section of the app, INTERESTS & ACTIVITIES, is designed to give you the heads-up on various interests, so if you’re keen exploring the country’s ARCHEOLOGY or planning a HIKE or a TREK, then you might just dive straight into the app here.
Other categories here include AYAHUASCA & WACHUMA, BEACHES & SURFING, HISTORY and WILDLIFE & BIRDING.
Finally, the app details a handpicked selection of RESTAURANTS & CAFES, many located near key sights. There’s also a little on SHOPS & SHOPPING with special emphasis on the many exceptional MARKETS.
APP FEATURE: TRIP ESSENTIALS
Key before-you-go information, including:
• Costs & Money
• Coworking Spaces
• Health & Safety
• Local Info & Media
• Language & Etiquette
• Seasons, Festivals & Events
• Wheelchair Travel
APP FEATURE: DESTINATIONS
The lowdown on all key parts of the country
• Altiplano & Lake Titicaca
• Central Sierra & Huaraz
• Cusco & The Southern Sierra
• Lima & The Central Coast
• Madre de Dios & Manu
• Northern Coast
• Northern Sierra & San Martin
• Southern Coast
APP FEATURE: ITINERARIES & TOURS
Organise your time:
• Multiday Itineraries: Cusco Region Treks • Machu Picchu In-2-Days • Peru’s South In-2-Weeks • Peru In-A-Week • Peru’s Archeology In-A-Week • Peru’s North In-2-Weeks • Peru’s North In-A-Week • Peru’s Wildlife In-A-Week
• Single-Day Itineraries: Cusco In-A-Day • Lima In-A-Day • Machu Picchu In-A-Day
• Tour Agencies
APP FEATURE: INTERESTS & ACTIVITIES
Backgrounders and practical advice on:
• Ayahuasca & Mystical Tourism
• Beaches & Surfing
• Hiking & Trekking
• Llamas, Alpacas & Vicuñas
• Wildlife & Birding
APP FEATURE: EAT, DRINK, SHOP & MORE
Listings, insider tips and recommendations:
• Cafés, Bars & Drinks
• Restaurants & Food
• Shops & Shopping
APP FEATURES: TECHNICAL
• One-click website LINKS.
• One-click PHONE CALLS (on phones).
• NAVIGATE quickly using the app's global search; its internal hyperlinks, and its many images.
• LOCATION info (using your device's GPS).
• Detailed MAPS and the ability to ADD YOUR OWN markers.
• Save and share FAVOURITES.
• Easily CONTACT the author.
• AUTHOR: Heather Jasper (heatherjasper.com/) has been traveling in Peru since 2013 and has lived full time in Cusco since 2019. She is close to her goal of visiting all 25 regions of Peru. Her articles about Peru have been published in BBC Travel, Fodor’s Travel, Matador Network, Thrifty Nomads and many more.
• ICON: Agnieszka Mordaunt@unsplash
REVIEWS AND RATINGS
Reviews and ratings are like gold dust to small developers like us, if you like the app please go back into the app store, find it and leave a review or just a rating. It really helps us. Thanks.
Big update: maps now offline. Also: new category for Working Holidays with children for coworking spaces, visas and volunteer vacations; hotel recommendations for Cusco and Aguas Calientes; new entry for Aguas Calientes; extra hikes from Machu Picchu; new entry for a place near Cusco where you can see all four South American camelids and buy alpaca and vicuña wool products; updated information for Kuélap, which is currently closed; new entry for a restaurant in Cusco named Chicha; fixed a few typos and made other small changes.
Ratings and Reviews
Get the inside scoop on traveling in Peru
I found the app very clear and detailed with information only a local could know. I am much more confident and looking forward to our trip to Peru after using this app in our trip planning. It feels like we now have the inside scoop!
Great starting place for planning
This app is well-organized with a lot of great information in one place. I appreciate the author’s honesty about which museums to visit! The organization around activities (e.g., archeology) is very helpful, too, for those of us with specific interests.
Essential & Thorough!
I found this app to be essential, all of my guidebooks were so out of date! Loved the photos & context of culture. Well written and incredibly helpful. I highly recommend to budget & luxury travelers alike!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Wu Wei Ltd
- 409.3 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 12.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Heather Jasper
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.