Hey, what song is that? SoundHound makes it simple to identify music playing around you. Whether you’re in the car or out and about — open the app, hit the big orange SoundHound button, let your phone listen for a few seconds, and we’ll tell you exactly what’s playing! It's been called pure magic — and with 300M+ downloads and billions of songs discovered — we tend to agree.
SoundHound comes equipped with “Hey SoundHound…”, an incredibly powerful way to interact with the app using your voice. “Hey SoundHound…” can help you navigate the app, activate the orange button, and playback songs hands-free. Simply say ‘Hey SoundHound...’ from any screen and say a command!
Discovering new music is only half the fun of SoundHound. We’re music lovers too, so we’ve created an incredible experience for you to relive your discoveries with our music player. Connect your Apple Music or Spotify account to listen, build playlists, explore music across genres, and find new favorites - all with real-time, karaoke-style lyrics using LiveLyrics®. Don’t have an Apple Music or Spotify subscription? No sweat, we have you covered with our free, built-in YouTube player. This is your music journey.
Curious to know more? Here’s everything you need to know!
• Tap the SoundHound button in the app, in the notification center widget, or via 3D touch on the app icon to discover music playing around you! We’ll let you know everything about the song including title, artist, album, and lyrics!
• Have a song stuck in your head? Press the SoundHound button, sing or hum the tune, and we’ll do the rest!
• Keep track of all your discoveries in your own personal history
• Use the Apple Watch app to quickly identify music and sing-along with LiveLyrics. Users with a cellular-enabled Apple Watch can use the app without being connected to an iPhone
• Listen to songs and view lyrics in our free, built-in YouTube player
• Simply say ‘Hey SoundHound....’ from any screen or tap the microphone on the play page. Once you see the listening panel, you can follow up with commands including:
App Navigation: ‘Hey SoundHound… Show me my discoveries’
Help/Questions: ‘Hey SoundHound… Show me what I can say’
Music Discovery: ‘Hey SoundHound… What’s that song?’
Song Playback: ‘Hey SoundHound... Play Hello by Adele’
Lyrics Search: ‘Hey SoundHound... Show me lyrics to Castle on the Hill’
Top Charts: ‘Hey SoundHound...Play today’s top songs’
Playlists (Spotify account & registration required): ‘Hey SoundHound… Play my Discover weekly playlist on Spotify’
Add to Spotify Playlist (Spotify account & registration required): ‘Hey SoundHound… Add this song to my playlist’
CONNECT AND SHARE
• Build personalized playlists through Apple Music or Spotify (SoundHound account and music subscription required)
• Access Spotify playlists for a richer playback experience through SoundHound
• View and interact with real-time, moving lyrics for your songs with LiveLyrics
• Keep all of your discoveries synced across multiple devices
• Share your music discoveries to Facebook, Twitter, messaging services, and email!
SoundHound is powered by Houndify, an independent voice-enabled AI platform that enables natural, conversational intelligence on any product.
Bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
I have had SoundHound for years. Started with the free version but quickly got the paid version. It was $4.99 and worth every penny. It may cost more nowadays, I think maybe $6.99 but it is easily worth $10. During the years I have used it, SoundHound has gotten better with updates and, it has never been buggy. I have used it to identify hundreds, perhaps thousands of songs. It has a live lyrics feature and you can access your music library from the app. I like the SoundHound playlist feature that creates a playlist on Apple Music and automatically adds songs identified by the app to the playlist. I can go on and on but I will only add that if you’re into music, at least try the free version. It limits the number of songs you can look up but you will see how well it works. I use it all the time to identify songs on the radio or on TV shows. If you get the paid version, and use it, you won be disappointed.
Falling short. I used to use this app all the time, when one day, I was streaming xm on my phone, heard a song I wanted to remember for later, I go to open the sound hound app and the music stops, ok, I go back to xm, hit play, go back to sound hound and the music stops again. It used to listen or scan what you were listening to and save it in your history.... and suddenly it stopped doing that.
Now, I try to scan a song I’m listening to in my house (my house WiFi is 400mps) and I’m told by I have bad connection... I snap, I do a speed test of my WiFi to get 390 reading.... this app has become garbage. And in the garbage it will go ✌️
I agree with Donald-t
The old gray mare just ain’t what she used to be.
This app used to deploy instantly and now even with new equipment it’s like waiting for a snail to cross the road.
A small snail and if your not sitting on top of a cell tower delivering LTE you are simply wasting your efforts by the time it deploys and stops telling you your not connected to the internet the song is gone. While using it in the wilds of the northwest where my carriers signal is still not the best it used to pull an I.D. Of something but no more I guess all developers think you have a cable connection in cell phone land and have started building for stay at home users. And the success rate has disappeared to next to nothing and it used to identify the most obscure music you could find. I have heard there are other music identification apps out there and I think I’m going to see what they are like. After many years of great music identified found and corralled with Soundhounds help I have reached the end of my patience to many backwards function losing updates and to many you are not connected to the internet messages I am gone now how do I take my history with me?
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Contact Info
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- SoundHound, Inc.
- 46.7 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2015 SoundHound Inc.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.