Do you have a database, library or collection which you need to use on-the-go, even when you don't have web access? If you do, this is the application for you. Using CSV Touch you can easily search, sort and look through your collections when away from your computer. So start carrying your DVD and CD library, your book collection, your wine testing notes, or any other database, library or list with you!
CSV Touch works by reading CSV files, a file format which almost all databases and applications like Excel, Filemaker, Access, Bento and others can export to. To get the CSV files on your iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch, you can import them from the local 'Files' app and all the cloud storage it supports, from attachments, directly from the internet, and other ways. And if you download the files directly from internet, it is trivial to download again in case the file has been updated (manually or at regular scheduled intervals). Once read, the app allows for highly customised ways of how to look at the data.
Note that CSV Touch does not allow editing of your database; it is intended to be a versatile app for searching and visualising your data. See http://csvtouch.wordpress.com for more information and screenshots. If you think CSV Touch might be for you but are not sure, you can try CSV Lite which is free but restricted (only 1 CSV file with 150 items).
- Download CSV files from almost anywhere
- Fast search and sorting of items
- Support for links in your data (click web address to open Safari, phone number to make a call, email address to open Mail)
- Support for showing pictures from the web inside the application (requires internet connection)
- Handles any number of files
- Custom CSS support for visualising single items
- Supports ",", ";", "|", space, or tab as column separator
- Handles all languages, including Japanese (requires UTF8 encoding; other encodings might also work)
- Fixed playing media inline
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
It made my life in work easier
Great useful fast app
Excellent app - just what I was looking for to access my Palm & Windows databases.
Of course, there are always things you would like to see added. For example,
* provide (or document for the less knowledgeable) a way to copy CSV files directly from my PC without using a FTP server.
* In LINKS, touching a phone number asks me for a confirmation before dialing, but touching an email address does not. This results in switching to the Mail app, and if I touched the address by mistake I have to cancel out of Mail and then re-launch CVS Touch. Adding a confirmation before emailing would be helpful.
* Will there ever be a way to modify or add to an existing CSV file? More work, I know, but would be useful. (Of course, this would require a way to save the modified file back on the PC or server.)
Thanks for this great app.
Very good, room for improvement
Very nice so far. I hope you plan to evolve it. Some suggestions:
1) Make multiple sorts available w/o going to preferences. After selecting a file ("Books"), get a screen that lets you select the first sort column ("Authors", "Genre", etc.). This might even be the first N lines of your current list instead of a dedicated screen. Besides being generally nice organizationally, this would help with long field values keeping you from seeing the other data, as with the band, "The Presidents of the United States of America".
2) Hierarchies. Rather than seeing ALL my albums sorted by artist (for example), I want just a list of artists, where I can then click one to get the album names. The next level would not include the data from that column.
3) Marketing: Your app is better than some dedicated Book and CD library apps. You should add some text to your description to cover these usages and get more search hits. ("book", "CD", "library", "collections", collectors", etc.)
4) Some of the settings could be per-file.
That's a long list, but the app IS well done and I'm glad I bought it.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.