Trulia helps you discover the perfect home AND neighborhood for your lifestyle to buy or rent. Get an authentic feel of what it’s like to live there with crowdsourced local insights, 34 neighborhood map overlays, and local stories and photos. Browse real-time MLS listings with robust search filters, easily plan open houses, and customize instant alerts to stay ahead of the real estate market.
*Trulia Real Estate Key Features:*
NEW! TRULIA NEIGHBORHOODS - neighborhood information, all in one place
• Explore the neighborhood with photos & drone footage from local photographers
• Get a genuine feel of the neighborhood with resident reviews and Trulia's What Locals Say feature, ranging from whether people feel safe walking alone at night to if people decorate their homes for the holidays
• Tour the neighborhood and its history with Trulia Stories.
• Browse 34 neighborhood heat overlay maps including crime, schools, price trends, amenities, and commute
REAL ESTATE LISTINGS - sourced from MLS databases
• Stay updated with 100M+ new listings and personalized recommendations that match your home searches
* NEW! Search for homes that are available in your preferred school or school district, to rent or buy
• View maps in normal, satellite or terrain mode
• Find any type of property, such as a condo, apartment, single family homes, or foreclosures
• Filter for specific house attributes such as number of bedrooms, pool, parking spots, lot size, etc
• Connect with highly rated agents to find a home you love
DETAILED HOME LISTINGS
• Browse beautiful photos of homes
• Calculate multiple commutes by different transportation modes
• Research schools in the neighborhood with trustworthy reviews from parents
• Leverage pricing info on recently sold homes to spot high-value properties
• Understand local LGBT non-discrimination laws for housing, employment, and public accommodations
HOUSE BUYING ALERTS - in real-time
• Be the first to know when there is a new MLS listing match, status change, or price drop
• Customize email and push notification alerts to manage information most relevant to you
OPEN HOMES SCHEDULING TOOL
• Plan and manage open houses with calendar sync and mapping directions
• Find and save open house suggestions
• Calculate the full cost of owning your dream home, taking into account: mortgage, interest rate, HOA, homeowners insurance, and property taxes
• Determine what you can afford based on your current financial situation
*Trulia Rentals Key Features:*
• Contact landlords and rental property managers on the go with just one click - it's that easy!
• Set yourself apart by easily applying with our rental resume
EASILY FIND APARTMENTS, CONDOS, & RENTAL PROPERTIES
• Discover diverse listings in a beautiful, intuitive way
• Check out floor plans and availabilities
FILTER BY TRANSIT &/OR PETS
• Find rentals near transit and calculate commutes
• Sort for properties by whether they allow cats or dogs
We love feedback and requests! Send us yours anytime at iPhone@trulia.com.
Performance and Stability improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
OK, but some annoying glitches
I get email alerts of properties that may interest me, and downloaded this app thinking it would be easier to view them on my iPhone than opening in my browser. It’s not really. The email links now open only in the app, no choice. When I go through an email I may click on several properties so I can then delete the email. The properties stack up in the app, and there appears to be no choice but to see them in that order. To see the next property I must close the one I’m looking at, and can’t go back unless I favorite it. I don’t want all those favorites, just an ability to move between three or four properties. There also seems to be no way to get a link to send without starting a false text and then copying the link. Even starting a false email does not give a copyable link. Yes, I can send a direct email to someone through the app, but that is usually not what I want to do. I want a link I can paste into an email or text I am writing outside the app. If there are solutions to these issues they are ones I have not been able to find in way too much time spent looking, which reflects on the usability of the app. These issues are annoying enough that I am going back to using my browser, and since there’s no choice where things open that means deleting the app entirely.
I like it and I don't
Like I'm sure others have said, you c ant clear recommended, and sometimes the recommendations are no where near what you're interested in, or can even afford (as much as I'd like to be able to afford a quarter million dollar home, throwing it in my face doesn't help :)). Another issue I have is the FEED. It started out being a good thing. But now, houses I've no interest in (maybe saved them at one point but are no longer) pop on and off the market DAILY, and fill the entire feed. There has to be away to report listings that are constantly on and off the market (possible fake listings) or at least remove them permanently. I don't want to see the same two houses 24 times on my feed jumping on and off he market.
However, the positives are that typically I find more houses on this app than I do others. I call them "Hidden" listings, because living in a woodsy and farmsy Midwestern state, a lot of listings in these areas don't get listed on other apps, from what I can tell at least. With the last update I thought it was easier to "unsave" listings, but with them popping up a hundred times in my feed, I'm not so sure it worked haha. I still use the app, just think it could be better. N
App/Listings don’t follow filters
I used to really enjoy using Trulia. The interface was cleaner and more user friendly than some of the other apps (layout, ability to swipe through pictures). However, I’m assuming to some changes, searching for properties that fit my specifications has become annoying and cumbersome: 1) Lot size is very important to me but I can’t sort my search results by lot size. 2) I’m not interested in condos, apartments, lots/land, or auctions but those properties frequently show up in my results, no matter what filters I apply to my search. This wouldn’t have been a problem in the past, however 3) there is no longer an option to hide properties that I don’t care for. This was always a great option to have because I know that there are some properties that I won’t change my mind on, however I have to see them and scroll past a ton of them without the option to hide.
I used to love what Trulia does, now I just get so frustrated with the fact that it’s not allowing a personalized search that I’m going to have to delete it.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.