This tool shows you the ultimate precise time of day. To achieve this, it uses a special internet time protocol to fetch the time from an atomic time server.
We are proud to offer version 5 of the Gorgy Timing Atomic Clock. The program is one of the classic applications since the early days of the Apple App Store and has been continually improved based on user feedback.
The Gorgy Timing Atomic Clock shows the precise time of day. To achieve this, it uses a special internet time protocol to fetch the ultimate precise time from cesium atomic clocks available on the internet, or any other time server you like.
The graphical display mimics the clock display of the legendary Gorgy Timing clocks, which are used in professional radio and television studios, and we spent much effort to bring the original feeling of these wickedly expensive clocks to your iPhone. This app is used by BBC studios, astronomers, concert promoters, etc.
Version 5 contains the following functions:
* Universal support for all iPhone, iPad and iPod touch devices running iOS 8 or higher (including iPhone 11, 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max, and all of the latest iPads and iPads Pro)
* Optimized for iOS 13 and watchOS 6, full 64 bit support
* Alarm function with snooze (touch anywhere on the screen), volume fade-in, based on weekdays
* Alarm time based on seconds (not minutes)
* Local time / UTC time mode
* Alarm notification window instead of normal alarm sound, if app is not running or in the background
* Use playlists or a manual picker selection from your own music library as alarm sounds
* The alarm sound is also playing when the device is muted, or the display is switched off, and also works in AirPlay environments
* Customizable time server sources
* Colors: green, red, blue, yellow, white, dark green, violet, pink, orange, turquoise and hidden, with a separate color option for digits, seconds and segments
* Alternative visual display of fractional seconds (1/60th sec. resolution)
* 12/24 hours display
* Optional second tick sound
* Full landscape support (including settings dialog)
* Touching the display lets the buttons and status bar fade out
* Touching the display again will add the current date (in all orientations)
* Disabled screen auto-lock
* Options "sync at startup", "hourly", "daily", or a sync button for manual syncing
* The last known time delta is used when started without sync
* "Night mode", which dims the display using a slider, shows the seconds with only one dot (to prevent a hard brightness switch between second 59 and second 0), switches off the tick sound, and reduces screen updates to save battery
* To minimize burn-in effects (especially on the iPhone X OLED display), the clock is doing micro movements when running longer than 5 minutes
* VoiceOver support
Answers to common questions:
* An application can not set your device's system time, so a time sync between the atomic time and the device time is not possible.
* If you want to wakeup with music, please do not exit the app before going to sleep (which would result in a local notification dialog without music in the morning), and do not lock your device. Be aware that running an application all the time, even without display, consumes battery, so please make sure that your iPhone is fully charged before you go to bed, connect it to your charger, or use the app's Night mode, which is much more energy-saving.
* Native support for all new iPhone 14 devices
* General stability improvements
* Needs iOS 12 or higher to run
Can you believe, that this is the 55th update of the Atomic Clock app since it started with V1.00? If you like the app, you can send me a small tip through the app. Thank you!
Ratings and Reviews
Sempre meglior, always gets better
I have been using this app since about 2009, and I’ve always liked it. Year-by-year, it gets better. It would be nice if I could choose a different language for the display of text, which would permit me to see “venerdì 30 ago“ instead of “Friday Aug. 30.“ as of now, it seems to be locked in English. I just changed the system language of my iPhone (and rebooted) to Italian and almost everything shows up in Italian, but the app still tells me that it’s Friday, August 30 instead of venerdì 30 agosto. Thus, it is not simply using the system language of the phone. This must really enrage the French. I do not doubt the developers will attend to this, because they are quite obviously alert and attentive.
Developer Response ,
I'm really sorry, but the app is not localized for the Italian language. It is very hard work to keep the app updated with the six languages it currently supports, so I've stopped adding new languages some years ago :-/ Sorry again!
The centering problem mentioned below in the original review, corrected itself within a day so I gave it all but one star only because I was still missing the feature of multiple alarm settings. The precision is a help at work as I frequently use this clock to reset the time during laptop repairs. The design is very pleasing!
The clock display is not centered on the screen so part of the clock is not visible. I just purchased an iPhone 12 Pro and was looking forward to using this precision clock. Also it seems that only one alarm can be set at a time which is a disappointment since most alarm clocks can have multiple alarms set at once...am I missing something? I would give this app a higher rating if I could even see the whole clock.
Developer Response ,
I'm sorry about the problem, never heard of this behavior. Because this is definitely not a common problem, I would be more than happy to see a screenshot of this problem to get an idea what could be wrong. Please contact me by email, so we can discuss further steps. Thank you!
Long Time User: It is all about The Time
This was the second app that I obtained when I got my first Apple iOS device. Being involved in amatuer astronomy access to a fairly accurate time readout is a necessity. Having used the app pretty much since Rev: 1.0 I can state that the maintenance is consistent and the availability of the app is excellent. Using the app in North America and in Europe no difficulty in obtaining a time synch has been see,
It is a good app for general use as well. Night clock, alarm clock, and as a time tick.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 11.6 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Japanese, Polish, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2008-2022, CompuLab
- In-App Purchases
- Good work. $1.99
- Great app! $3.99
- Nice job $0.99
- I totally love it! $16.99
- Awesome idea! $7.99