On Sale! 35 Advanced Binaural Brainwave Entrainment Programs for Focus, Relaxation, Sleep, Anxiety, and Meditation. Includes 'Focused and Alert' targeting 40 Hz.
Advanced Binaural Brainwave Entrainment combined with Ambient Music, Nature Sounds, Other Audio Apps or your own iTunes Music * Includes Multi-Stage Binaural Programs for Sleep, Focus, Memory, Energy, Positive Mood, Power Nap, Deep Sleep, Motivation, Confidence, Anxiety & Stress Relief, Relaxation, Meditation & much more! * Use Included Playlist Creator to create an iTunes Playlist for each program * Can run alongside other apps like Spotify or Audio Book Readers * Headphones/Earbuds must be worn for Binaural Tones to be effective * Universal iOS app with UIs included for iPhone and iPad, so you can use it on all your devices! * Supports Family Share * No in-app purchases or subscriptions!
Different states of mind are associated with specific brainwave frequencies that would be inaudible if played directly. These frequencies can be induced in the brain by playing two different tones into each ear (binaural tones), which after being processed by the brain, are perceived as an inaudible beat matching the target brainwave frequency. As you listen, your own brainwaves fall into step and synchronize with this frequency.
BrainWave uses low, mid, and high frequency ranges of Delta, Theta, Alpha, Beta, and Gamma binaural tones combined in layers and stages to create powerful multi-stage experiences.
- Morning Coffee: Gentle Alpha & Beta waves to start the day
- Espresso Shot: Energizing Binaural High Beta & Gamma
- Morning Meditation: Alpha and Theta for a centered mind
- Focused and Alert: High beta and gamma to maximize focus. Centered on the 40 Hz gamma brainwave frequency which has been show in recent studies to be connected with improved cognition.
- Critical Thinking: Theta,Mid-Beta Blend to boost logical thinking
- Concentration: Mid Beta Binaural tones for steady concentration
- Memory Boost: Beta Spectrum Mix to improve memory
- Problem Solving: Alpha, Theta, and High-Beta for focus and creative problem solving
- Brainstorm: High Beta to boost lateral thinking.
- Confidence Boost: Alpha, Beta, High-Theta Mix to boost confidence
- Pre-Exercise Energy: High-Gamma tones for quick energy
- Creativity Boost: Increase creativity with Mid-Theta Binaural beats
- Positive Mood Boost: Low-Theta, High-Theta tones for positive thinking
- Motivation Boost: High-Alpha, High-Beta blend to increase motivation
- Euphoria: High-Theta, Beta, and Gamma to stimulate joy
- Stress Reduction: Mid-Alpha/Theta Mix
- Anger Relief: Mid-Delta, Alpha
- Calm Reflection: Mid-Theta
- Reduce Anxiety: Deeply calming Theta spectrum
- Deep Relaxation: Relaxing Low-Theta, Delta
- Meditation: Complex Alpha, Beta and Theta progression
- Lucid Dreaming: Experience waking dreams
- Dreamy Sleep: Delta, Theta Mix for deep sleep and dreams
- Power Nap: Restful nap with a wakeup stage for mental focus
- Deep Sleep: Low Delta wave sleep, effective for insomnia
- Deep Sleep with Wake-up Stage: Deep Delta for insomnia with wakeup
- Dreamy Sleep with Wake-up Stage: Delta, Beta
- Headache Relief: Relieve headaches with Low-Alpha, Theta, and Delta
- Hangover Relief: Delta, Theta
- Yoga Meditation: Centering High-Alpha, Theta
- Alpha Relaxation: Calming Binaural Alpha
- Theta Meditation: Pure Theta for Deep meditation
- Gamma Power Nap: Extra energizing power nap
- Night Meditation: Low-Theta/Delta to meditate before bed
- Night Reading: High-Delta/High-Theta for late reading
* Backgrounds *
- Beach Surf
- Ocean Waves
- Ocean Waves 2
- Rain & Thunder
- Atmospheres: Serenity
- Atmospheres: Awakening
- Atmospheres: Space
- Atmospheres: Drifting
- Atmospheres: Peace
- Atmospheres: Floating
- Atmospheres: Soaring
- Medium Rain
- Light Rain
- Flowing Creek
- Pink Noise
* BrainWave's binaural tones are helpful for Tinnitus as it provides an audio mask for tonal Tinnitus while also reducing the neural hyperactivity that underlies Tinnitus.
* Choose from 10 Gentle Alarms or iTunes
* Do not use Binaural tones while driving or operating machinery
Thanks for making BrainWave the #1 Ranked Binaural App for 14 years! * One-time purchase with No Subscriptions or In-App Purchases * Targets 40 Hz with "Focused and Alert" program. * Headphones/Earbuds are required for Binaural Tones to be Effective.
* Many people have asked which binaural program in the app best stimulates 40 Hz Gamma brainwaves. The "Focused and Alert" program in 'Brain Wave™ 35 Binaural Programs' stimulates 40 Hz gamma waves.
* Combine Advanced Multi-stage Binaural Programs with 5 Background Audio Modes: Ambience, Other App, Ambience + Other App, iTunes, iTunes + Ambience
* Includes UI for iPhone & iPad
* Supports Family Share
* Combine Brainwaves with Ambience and Another App by selecting background mode 'Ambience + Other App' * To use Another App for the Background Audio choose 'Other App'.
* Added the ability to play and pause audio using Lock Screen and Remote Controls only when using Brainwaves with the included Ambience.
* When using background modes that allow other audio apps or iTunes Music to be playing Lockscreen controls will only affect iTunes or the other app.
* If the audio stops when the app is backgrounded or the screen locks please restart the device with a full shutdown as this is the result of low RAM memory which causes iOS to suspend background audio.
* How it Works *
During the entrainment process, two different carrier tones are played into the left and right ears. The frequency difference between these tones matches the brainwave frequency of the target state of mind. The listener will hear these carrier tones as an audible tone, however, when processing these two different tones the human brain will perceive the small frequency difference between the tones as an inaudible periodic beat. When exposed to this beat the listener's brainwaves will begin to synchronize with the beat frequency. What allows the human brain to perceive this beat is our directional hearing system, located in the brain stem. The brain's directional hearing system calculates frequency shifts between sound entering the left and right ear to quickly locate the direction of a sound, but when that difference is rhythmic, as with binaural tones, the brain synchronizes with the pattern. This process is more effective in the presence of background noise or ambience, which allows humans to hear and locate even subtle sounds, like an animal moving nearby in a forest that is filled with noise.
As an example, the human ear can't directly perceive the .5 - 2 Hz Delta-wave frequencies associated with deep sleep because it is well below the human hearing range, but if you wear headphones or earbuds with one side playing a 135 Hz tone and the other playing a 136 Hz tone your brain will perceive the 1 Hz difference between those frequencies as a periodic beat, in this case matching a low delta wave frequency associated with sleep. As you listen, your own brainwaves will begin to match that frequency.
* Brainwave Frequencies *
Gamma waves (30-44 Hz):
Associated with high-level information processing, multi-tasking, and high energy.
High-Beta waves (18-29 Hz):
Associated with mental activities such as math, planning, and design.
Mid-Beta waves (15-17 Hz):
Increased problem-solving ability, focus, and alertness.
Low-Beta waves (12-14 Hz):
Relaxed, yet still mentally sharp
High-Alpha waves (10-11 Hz):
Relaxed, centered, tranquil
Low-Alpha waves (8-9 Hz):
Relaxed, meditative and aware
Theta waves (4-7 Hz):
Associated with deep meditation, creativity, intuition, and dream-like states.
Delta waves (.5-3 Hz):
Deep, slow-wave sleep. Slow-wave sleep allows the brain to recover from daily activities and is important for hormonal regulation, growth, physical renewal, and memory.
Warning: Do not use BrainWave while driving or operating machinery.
Note: If your vehicle Auto-Plays connected devices use the Ambience+Other background mode to prevent Lockscreen access.
Ratings and Reviews
I'll Be Using This App Often.
I've had this app on my phone for sometime, with the intention of using it as an aid for parasympathetic body work. I finally started using it yesterday. I've been listening to it now for a few hours (Deep Relaxation with Peace background), and so far I'm impressed with how well it works.
I typically feel overwhelmed by the numerous things that need to be accomplished, which leaves me feeling anxious and rushed. This particular combo has really helped me to slow down today and not feel so uptight, which sadly, is not easily accomplished. I use other modalities to shift my body into parasympathetic mode, but I can't seem to stay there. This program seems to be helping dampen down triggers that cause my body to shift into sympathetic state inappropriately.
I look forward to trying the other programs. I hope the results are as impressive and useful. Even if they aren't, the results I'm experiencing today made downloading this app one of the best tools I've acquired to step away from the perpetual, health destroying, running myself ragged mindset that our culture has ingrained in us.
This thing blows my mind! The first time I used it I was like "No way!" As I kept using it I discovered that it is literally the only way I am able to fall asleep nights when my mind is so full of thoughts and my anxiety is running rampant! I hate the way sleep aids make me feel like I've been run over by a freight train. I recently switched from using "Deep Sleep" to "Dreamy Sleep" and had the craziest dreams! I normally can't remember my dreams and I was actually able to recall quite a bit of them. Unfortunately last night, I dreamt that I faked the death of my dog last year and I felt like it lasted the whole night so I think I'll be switching back to "Deep Sleep" :( Awesome product though. My *only* complaint is that I wish there were more ambiance options or the ability to use it with Pandora. You can use your own music but I don't have much personal music on my phone so I am limited to using the app's ambiance tracks and they get old after a while. Highly recommend!
I use this all the time. It is great to get to sleep when suffering with insomnia, pain relief for fibromyalgia or migraine, force a nap when you know you will need it but can’t stop thinking, jet lag wake or sleep, tinnitus, energy meditation (ahhmaaazzzing!!!), or just quiet your ADD when you need to focus. SO MANY USES!!
I love the ambient noise that comes with the app- especially ocean waves. Love that you can use itunes, but usually don’t find it necessary. I also love the slick looking super-intuitive dashboard.
The only improvement it is needs better control on fade in/fade out during programs and at the end of programs. I have the fade toggles set, and only use the app’s ambient sounds, but they are not always working properly. The abrupt stop and start is especially jarring when you are attempting deep sleep- similar to vertigo feeling as you are just falling asleep and you jump suddenly, but without the physical jump- lol. Also integrated glossary within descriptions would be awesome, eg, why gamma for this particular program or beta for that one? What does it DO? Talk nerdy to me.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Banzai Labs Inc.
- 97.3 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 12.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, Japanese, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- © Banzai Labs Inc.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.