Now with more numbers to choose from!
Bringing you free texting, free picture messaging, a free US phone number, free inbound phone calls, and cheap outbound phone calls for nearly a decade! Works over WiFi or data to keep you connected with family and friends around the globe.
text+ gives you:
- A free US Phone number so friends can call & text you (you pick the area code)
- Free texting (SMS, MMS + group chat) to any US or Canadian mobile number
- Free inbound phone calls
- Toll-free calling from anywhere in the world with no restrictions!
- Inexpensive outbound phone calls
- Works great over WiFi so you don’t even need a 3G/4G connection.
- No contracts, no “surprise” costs.
- Turn your iPod touch and iPad into a phone!
Why keep paying for expensive mobile phone plans when you can switch to text+ and save $$$!
IN APP SUBSCRIPTION DETAILS
- NUMLock for 1 year $1.99 / Remove Banner Ads for 1 month $0.99/ Remove Banner Ads for 1 year $5.99 / Unlimited Ad-Free calls to Mexico (landlines) for 1 month $6.99/ Unlimited Ad-Free Calls to Mexico (mobile) for 1 month $29.99/ Unlimited Ad-Free calls to US & Canada for 1 year $19.99
- If you choose to subscribe to a plan, you will be charged a price according to the plan selected in your country. The price will be shown in the app before you complete the payment.
- Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of your current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, at the purchase price listed above
- You may manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your iTunes Account Settings and then “Manage Subscriptions”
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription
- We do not support 911 in the US
- In order to place most outbound phone calls you will need to purchase credits within the App
- If push notifications are not enabled, you may not receive messages and calls
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication
- Stability Improvements
- Update Number selection screen on iPad, which had issues
- fixed an issue that showed "(null)" mobile number label on call history
- fix a translation bug that showed French when the language is Spanish
- fix a crash when Registration fails
- fix an issue causing some numbers to show the wrong Country in the dialer
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I downloaded text plus for my iPad Pro 11.I had no idea when I downloaded it, that going it was going to be, my now favorite app. Not only is it easy to use,it works flawlessly. Granted, it’s a little annoying trying to earn credits, so I just paid for a year of unlimited talk and text. I don’t really talk on the phone, but if I have to, guess who’s doing it free? I pay for unlimited data, so this is a win/win! The only thing I don’t like,is that I paid for the unlimited talk and text, to keep my number a year, and add removal for a year, so why are there still ads trying to get me to earn credit? Please fix this because it’s super annoying. Other than that, good job! Y’all get this app,you won’t regret it!
App needs to be fixed
This app needs to address a couple of issues. I am going to name two: I have yet to receive a call successfully as the call drops or doesn’t ring long enough to give the user enough time to answer before the call is dropped. It looks like there’s been a recent update, but again, I have yet to receive a successful call. The second issue (which I’ve deleted the app and reinstalled in an attempt to fix selecting a new phone number) is I get a series of random texts at all hours of the day/night with random messages from people I don’t know. I think it’s an attempt from other users to keep the free number for longer than the given week, so they randomly text other numbers? That’s my guess, so bringing back the free phone number for a month instead of a week may help fix this issue? But it’s annoying and my husband has uninstalled the application for the same reason. In all, I only use the app to have a free number to give out when I don’t want to disclose my personal number but going to be looking for other options. Not satisfied.
This used to be the best app for people without iPhones. Now it’s just an ad trap.
Back when I had an iPod gen 2, the gen 3 was coming out with camera and microphone. Mine didn’t have any of that. So I used the original apple earbuds that came with it. You could call anyone in the US for however long you wanted. I would talk to my mom for so long at school!
Now that I have an iPhone, I wanted to call someone without giving them my exact number, and I remembered this app existed. WOW did it change. You have to watch a 30 second ad for every 30 seconds worth of call. Not only that, if you or the other party hangs up before those seconds are over, the system decides the credit has been fully used, and so far when testing it, (watched 4 ads which is 2 minutes, called for 34 seconds) it completely “eats” the remaining time.
i guess i’ll stick to gmail’s phone service. at least you don’t have to watch an ad every 30 seconds. and actually seems to have even better connection. for free!
Developer Response ,
Hello Jango the Hedgehog,
Apologies for the experience you had using Textplus. Please if there is anything we can do to help increase that experience for you let us know at support@textPlus.com, thank you for letting us know about these issues.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- textPlus, Inc.
- 157 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
English, French, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © textPlus, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- $1.99 in Calling Credits $1.99
- 99¢ in textPlus Credit $0.99
- Premium Number - 1 Year $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.