Think you have a good vocabulary? Take on your iPhone or a friend in this chalkboard classic and find out how good your vocabulary really is.
Hangman Free is the best Hangman game available for the iPhone and iPod Touch. The game faithfully captures every detail of the classic Hangman experience, right down to the chalk dust.
Hangman Free supports one player and two player gameplay, so you can let a friend choose a word or have your phone select a word from a broad range of categories.
Word list categories include:
Build your vocabulary and have a blast at the same time. Download Hangman Free today and let the fun begin!
Hangman Free is supported by unobtrusive banner advertisements.
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
• GDPR support
• Minor bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Good game!!! BUT -
I like this version a lot. The game is fun to play. It seems to me it would be easy to add definitions - can you do that? There are lots of words that I recognize but cannot define.
I also think it would be improved if you eliminated three letter words and four letter words; there are often many options for those, and it is just a matter of guessing which ones you have in mind. The game would be better without that.
But the big improvement would be definitions.
More Game Options
Hangman is an enjoyable and rewarding game. I wish however it provided several program options.
1) At conclusion of each word spelling provide a simple definition as a learning tool. Sometimes I can spell a word but not know the meaning. If I want to know, I must stop the game and look the word up then return to the game which may waste several minutes restarting.
2) Let the user select whether to play with words made of four characters or less. There are often several correct letters for the last outstanding letter of words this short. In these cases, the contest requires the user to guess the authors intent which is usually the most obscure letter. This is a different form of entertainment, not depending on spelling rules or common spelling practice.
Very enjoyable, but with an occasional bug which sometimes begins a game at or near the end of a game in progress (which I never played.) For those wanting a dictionary to look up the meaning of a word, an iPhone has one built in. Go to the widget screen (the screen to the left of the initial home screen) and simply say or type the word as a Search. It’s true that the three and four letter words are frustrating, but you can choose to start a new game instead; the skipped game doesn’t count against your total of wins and losses. Finally, I want to thank the persons who come up with the words for their care. I have played thousands of games, and have never found a misspelled word - unlike many reviews.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Optime Software LLC
- 69.3 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2018 Optime Software LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.