BlackJack 101 is a basic strategy trainer for the game of Blackjack. This is *not* a Blackjack game. It deals hands and lets you practice choosing the best strategy. It has an easy-to-use strategy guide that shows the correct move for every combination of hands.
Blackjack 101 allows you to adjust the playing rules to match conditions commonly found in casinos, including the number of decks in the shoe, the dealer's action on a soft 17, doubling rules, and surrender. It also allows you to focus your training on the trickier hands: pairs and soft hands. Plus it has both a left- and right-handed layout, to make it easy to play with one hand or two.
Introducing a new feature: Custom Hands training mode. in this mode you can choose any combination of player hands and dealer up-cards to practice. Only want to practice soft hands against a dealer's 6? No problem. Or practice soft 14s-16s vs. any dealer card? Easy. Or get fancy and practice a hard 15 or 16, soft 13 or a pair of 4's vs. any dealer card over 5. Any combo you can imagine.
- Four learning modes: random hands, soft hands, pairs, and a new Custom mode: choose any combination of hands to practice.
- Skill levels: Higher levels concentrate your training on the harder-to-memorize hands
- Strategy guide shows all the best moves and highlights the strategy for the current hand and dealer card
- Left-handed and right-handed playing layouts
- Many different rule configurations (1-4 decks, dealer hits/stays on soft 17, double after split, early/late surrender)
- Keeps track of your stats: hands played, choices made, and percent of correct guesses
The strategy for hands involving a hard 16 vs. dealer's 10 when surrender is allowed has been changed to "surrender or hit".
Ratings and Reviews
Excellent and affordable, highly recommend.
If you are learning Blackjack this app is a hell of a lot cheaper than placing $5.00 bets at a casino trying to learn.
I started with the lite version and quickly upgraded to the pro app for the customizable hands.
I like that it doesn’t reveal the dealers hand. That is not the point of this app. The point is to teach you the best strategy.
Helped my game a ton
I love to play blackjack but had a hard time with my soft hands, this helps me a ton. I usually play a few hundred hands before I go to a casino and that time practicing pays dividends. Awesome app!
Best tutorial on the web
Lots of adjustments available on the pro version. This app has taught me when to hold, when to split, when to double and when to fold ‘em. Thanks Dave🤙
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- David Richmond
- 23.9 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2009 David Richmond
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.