Recently described (in The Daily Telegraph) as ‘the bible of the industry’, OPERA has been the world’s leading commentator on the lyric stage for almost 60 years.
The free Opera application includes access to selected pages from the current issue. Within the application you can purchase access to the complete issue and an archive of back issues extending to August 2006. Issues are not sold individually - for the duration of your subscription you have access to every issue in this archive.
During your subscription you can sync back issues to your device. These will remain in place if your subscription expires, unless your device removes them (for example when running low on disk space). Re-downloading issues requires a current subscription.
• Swipe or tap the page edges to flip to next/previous page.
• Use the animated thumbnail view to flick through the pages.
• Pinch or double-tap pages to zoom.
• Switch between single or double-page view.
• Search the current issue or the archive.
• Tap any page links to web sites, email addresses, phone numbers or maps.
• Tap contents-page links to jump to a particular article.
• Sync the latest issue to your device for offline reading (requires wi-fi).
• Sync additional back issues by tapping the stars beside their names (requires wi-fi).
• Network connection required otherwise.
We recommend first running the app within a wi-fi area so it can sync the latest issue to your device - after that you can use it anywhere. Subscribers will receive new issues automatically via Newsstand.
Subscriptions are available within the app at the following prices:
£5.99 per month
£54.99 per year
In addition, please note the following standard features of auto-renewable iTunes subscriptions:
• Your payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Subscriptions will renew automatically unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
• Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period.
• You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings in iTunes after purchase.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
and our terms of service here:
Updated app icon.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Beware! This is just magazine rental.
Like a number of magazines available in Newsstand, this is just a rental - you're able to view the magazine for a 30-day period (for $6.99), after which time it gets wiped from your iPad, and you can no longer access it. If you bought a hard copy at a newsagent, you'd be able to keep it forever. Somehow the publishers seem to think that in the digital world people are going to be happy to keep paying to read something they've already paid for. Wake up! We're not that stupid or gullible. Apple should make this fact much clearer in the product description. If this is your business model, and you're proud of it, spell it out. Not only that, this "subscription" set to "auto-renew" - i.e. keep renewing unless your turn off auto-renew in your settings for the mag - a dubious practice from the software industry that borders on deceptive. Moreover, it's not even a creative presentation of the magazine content. It's basically a PDF dump. Save your money.
Zero stars! Low quality content!
Opera magazine was a junk magazine in an expensive suit that offers $6.99 per month subscription for news that you can for free elsewhere. It is NOT FREE app. I had a subscription for the real magazine for a year and it is mostly ad what you get for your money. Ignore it. They simply take an advantage of people love to opera.
Two bucks for one week?
- Opera Magazine Limited
- 12.2 MB
- Magazines & Newspapers
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © Copyright 2020 Exact Editions Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- Opera Magazine $6.99
- Opera Magazine $60.99
- Opera $7.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.