Thanks to all our customers for their invaluable suggestions and criticisms. Pow-Word now includes a new game mode that mixes the 6 and 7 letter modes and increases the difficulty as you progress.
The objective - Form as many words from the given set of jumbled letters in each round. Your score is carried forward until you are unable to form the longest word within a round.
Simple controls and a host of features make Pow-Word a very addictive game and a great way to improve your vocabulary.
- Choose between 6 and 7 letter difficulty modes
- Separate "Mixed" mode that combines 6 and 7 letter rounds
- Choice of two dictionaries - the Students dictionary with standard English words and a more comprehensive Teachers dictionary based on the SOWPODS list
- Option of an unlimited time mode
- Separate leaderboards for all modes for you to compare scores with players worldwide
- Lookup word meanings at the end of each round
Compatibility with latest iOS and iPadOS versions
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Score keeping bites the dust
All scores are gone. Used to be fun but now I hate it. Started acting up a week ago. Even when I get 100% right — gone.
Developer Response ,
Our sincere apologies for this issue. The bug has been fixed and the updated version is now available to download.
Good app, "pleonastic" wordlist.
Pow-Word has been stable and elegant in my testing. It's fun with passable graphics and decent sound feedback. The high score implementation is great.
The problem comes from the wordlist. Although these words may "officially" be admissible, they're nothing more than gobbledygook to 99.9% of the population. This leads to a bunch of guessing about letter combinations. (Anyone who argues that point is either a linguist or has an obsessive-compulsive relationship with word games. ;)
Overall, a fun and stable app. Nonetheless, having more control over the wordlists would be a nice addition.
Hate the pop up ads
Could you put a ads free fee up, I will be more than willing to pay.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.