Get the App already used by over 5000 veterinary professionals worldwide. Covering over 700 separate dose regimens (for over 440 different drugs) this is a complete reference for any veterinarian treating horses.
This mobile formulary is intended for Veterinary Professionals, including veterinarians, veterinary students, veterinary nurses, veterinary technicians and veterinary pharmacists and pharmacologists. Both the British Equine Veterinary Association (BEVA) and Equine Veterinarians Australia (EVA) also offer this App free to their members as part of their membership benefits package.
• Please read the End-User Legal Agreement (EULA) before downloading this application.
• The database of drugs is updated at least every 3 months.
• The emphasis is on quality of information and this App details the drug doses we actually use together with a reference for the dose. • Drugs can be searched for by generic name or alternative name, including many trade names. Incorporates a handy dose calculator function (with the dose range automatically filled in) to generate the correct dose for any individual patient as well as a continuous infusion calculator for drugs such as lidocaine, insulin and many others. • Notes are provided for every drug, and user notes can also be added to each drug • There are notes on use in competition, including detection times published by the FEI, RMTC, EHSLC and USEF. • Contains information about the safety of each drug in pregnancy, based on available information in horses and other species • Developed by Dr Kevin Corley DACVIM DACVECC for Veterinary Advances this is an essential resource for practitioners, students, residents and specialists alike.
Submit any comments or suggestions for drugs to be included in updates at www.veterinaryadvances.com.
There is a short video demonstrating some of the features on youtube (http://www.youtube.com/user/VeterinaryAdvances) From Equine Veterinary Education, 23(2):105, 2011 (reviewing version 1.2): "I must admit that initially I was sceptical on having to use an iPhone App to find drug doses. However, its ease of use and with a full range of drugs listed I found myself using it more and more." "...it delivers a good value basic, user friendly formulary that is ideal for checking up on doses and specific drug interactions/side effects."
• A subscription is charged to allow for frequent updates of the data.
Support for iPhone XS, XS Max and XR. Bug fixes and stability improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
A must-have app for the veterinarian or student!
I am really happy with this app. It's originally made for the iPhone or iPod Touch, but guess what!.... It works equally well on the iPad, which is what I own. It functions beautifully and now I have all equine drug references at my disposal. So far, so good... no bugs. It seems to work flawlessly.
This app is really well-made and informative, with hundreds of drugs for reference from A - Z. You can also find drugs according to its category (ie, antifungal, anti-inflammatory, etc), and it also enables you to calculate the drug dosage by inputting the body weight and what not. Each drug reference comes with a small set of notes, which is equally helpful.
Bravo, Equine Advances, and thanks for this amazing application!!
This an excellent app. It provides current, accurate dosage recommendations with references to support. The drugs are very easy to find either alphabetically or by drug category. The list of drugs appears complete. The sliding dosage setting is a bit sensitive but once you get used to it, it works well. I have found it extremely useful for stall side calculations when administering drugs not frequently used ie insulin CRI, metoclopramide, etc. It works well with the iPad except it doesn't have the ability to change orientation with changes in position of the iPad. However, the screen in the vertical orientation is very easy to work with. Well done!
Very good app
Would recommend to any horse person and vets alike. I use this app alot. Would like to see a little more info on certain drugs but overall well worth the money
- Sycamore Lodge Equine Hospital Ltd
- 14.5 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2011-2018 Veterinary Advances Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Subscription $2.49
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.