Plex is your home for free TV and movies, giving you access to 80+ live channels and thousands of on-demand titles from around the world. Stream music, podcasts, news, and more, all wrapped in a beautiful interface. No other free streaming service delivers more content to more countries, all without a subscription.
• Thousands of FREE movies and TV shows from Oscar™ award-winning movies to cult classics, anime, documentaries, family-friendly shows, and much more from around the world.
• Live TV: Enjoy 80+ channels of free live programming—instantly. From food to news to sports to kids to international content, there's something for the whole family.
• Watch Together: Effortlessly watch Plex with friends and family across the globe. No counting down to press play at the same time. Start and stop simultaneously.
• All your personal media: Stream your own photos, music, movies, shows, even DVR-ed TV to any device in a beautiful, simple interface. Plex adds rich descriptions, artwork, and other related information.
• Web series, news, and podcasts on demand: Watch unlimited, on-demand streaming of the best-curated web channels and get personalized news and trusted video from over 190 global publishing partners. Discover new podcasts and enjoy variable speed playback, 30-second skip, rich discovery, and full Plex-style support for cross-device playback status meaning you can pick back up where you left off on any device.
• With you wherever you go: With Plex apps on virtually every platform and device, you can take all your news, TV, and internet entertainment on the go.
Visit our site for more information.
Note: Playing media from a personal Plex library on mobile devices is limited (one minute for music and video, watermark on photos) until the app is unlocked. For full functionality, you can get a Plex Pass -OR- make a small, one-time, in-app purchase to remove these limitations. If you have a Plex Pass or you’ve already purchased the app through the App Store, you do NOT need to purchase again! Your previous purchase will be automatically detected. Streaming personal media requires Plex Media Server version 1.3 or higher installed and running to stream to other devices. DRM-protected content, ISO disc images, and video_ts folders are not supported.
The app offers (but does not require) a Plex Pass In-App Purchase. Plex Pass is available for the equivalent of US$4.99 charged monthly to your iTunes Account, charged yearly for the equivalent of US$39.99, or as a one-off lifetime payment for the equivalent of US$149.99. Subscriptions automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off in your iTunes Account at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period, charged at the same rate for renewals. Subscriptions may be managed and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your iTunes Account Settings after purchase.
- On Deck episode could be incorrect when marking an item as (un)played.
- The app would be left unusable without manually signing out after resetting your password on another device.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Plex is the beat
I love Plex for it’s beautiful organization and easy to use interface. Having almost all my media in one place has always been the dream and Plex has done that for me (for about 80% - still missing native audiobook support and support for eBooks). Having full control of my own personal media cloud and server has been incredible. The movie and show ratings from Rotten Tomato are awesome and being able to watch a trailer of something is convenient if someone wants a quick synopsis. I love being able to put all our childhood videos converted from VHS on my own cloud and give access to my family to see any of the embarrassing and amazing home videos anytime.
***DEVS: Would love to see a audio only version for Apple Watch for streaming or offline usage to listen to podcasts, music, audiobooks - Audible does this now which has been amazing. Being able to listen to Plex media with only a watch and bluetooth headphones would be a game changer. Also native audiobook support and support for eBooks would basically round out any media needs I could possible want to have in one app!
Love what the Plex teams does and always looking to see what they’ve recently added. More than happy to be a part of the Plex Pass Lifetime member. Keep up the amazing work!
Local server connections
I have always had trouble with the iOS versions of this app, even though I’m only connecting to a local server. The app on my Roku has no difficulty connecting to the same server. It is extremely frustrating. I am now completely unable to connect to the server from my iPad, despite having tried logging out and back into the app, logging out and using a wait list of local network connection, deleting the app and re-downloading it, deleting all three instances of the iPad app from my list of allowed devices in my account, etc. For some inexplicable reason, my Plex account has now decided that my iPad app is also a server, so some of the other client apps now list two entries for my iPad as servers.
Also, when my home Internet isn’t working and I can’t go online, even though my Plex server is on the same local network/router as Plex app on my phone, iPad, and TV, none of them are able to access the server. They all say that the server is unavailable. My SMB file sharing on the same Mac at the Plex server works fine, so it’s not a problem with my local network. I would think that playing files in Plex over the local network would not be affected by an Internet outage…
I’ve had so many problems with the iOS apps that I don’t see how the people at Plex hope to entice me to purchase a subscription when I can’t even really use the features that a subscription affords. The app is nice when it works, but far too often it doesn’t really work.
Great App! But What is With The Issues?
I have been a PlexPass member for years now and I couldn’t be happier. However, lately playback has been terrible. For example, if I shuffle anything a CD, a playlist, my library whatever I get this weird issue where two songs will just start playing at once. To fix it I usually have to stop the track(s) and either skip back a track or skip forward. Then one of the two songs will play properly. In addition, sometimes when I go to play a song in a playlist or CD (anything with multiple tracks) sometimes the track will not play. It will instead skip right to the next song and no matter what I do it will not play. The track is fine though because I can play it by accessing the file directly (not through Plex). Lastly, ever since this offline browsing thing was introduced it has been glitchy. If I want to access my files on my server I usually have to toggle it on and off a few times before my library will show up. It works the same for if I want to access tracks synced on my phone too. Love the thought of being able to toggle, but has to be a better way. What ever happened to just clicking in the upper left corner?
- Plex Inc.
- 166.5 MB
Requires iOS 12.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
English, Afrikaans, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2011 Plex, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Plex Pass $4.99
- iOS App Activation (enable streaming playback on iOS devices) $4.99
- Yearly Plex Pass $39.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.