The Wire is an independent, monthly music magazine dedicated to informed, intelligent coverage of a wide range of progressive, adventurous and non-mainstream musics.
Although The Wire is a London based publication, it serves an international readership.
The iPad/iPhone edition brings you selected pages from the latest issue as soon as it is published. Within the application you can upgrade to full access, which brings you every page of the issue and a searchable archive of every issue of The Wire published since issue one from summer 1982. Issues are not sold individually - for the duration of your subscription you have access to every issue in this archive.
During your subscription you can sync back issues to your device. These will remain in place if your subscription expires, unless your device removes them (for example when running low on disk space). Re-downloading issues requires a current subscription.
• Swipe or tap the page edges to flip to next/previous page.
• Use the animated thumbnail view to flick through the pages.
• Pinch or double-tap pages to zoom.
• Switch between single or double-page view.
• Search the current issue or the archive.
• Tap any page links to web sites, email addresses, phone numbers or maps.
• Tap contents-page links to jump to a particular article.
• Sync the latest issue to your device for offline reading (requires wi-fi).
• Sync additional back issues by tapping the stars beside their names (requires wi-fi).
• Network connection required otherwise.
We recommend first running the app within a wi-fi area so it can sync the latest issue to your device - after that you can use it anywhere. Subscribers will receive new issues automatically via Newsstand.
Subscriptions are available within the app at the following prices:
£3.99 per month
£29.99 per year
In addition, please note the following standard features of auto-renewable iTunes subscriptions:
• Your payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Subscriptions will renew automatically unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
• Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period.
• You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings in iTunes after purchase.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
and our terms of service here:
• Bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
The future is here...but needs higher scan resolution
I feel complicit in the death of paper publishing, but this is just wonderful. The Wire has been my favorite mag for over 10 years, but it's expensive, can be hard to find, and U.S. Subscriptions offer no savings at over $100 a year. $5.99 a month for access to both the current issue and the entire digital archive (with search!!!) is a STEAL.
The only slight hiccup is that the resolution of these files isn't great; with how much The Wire loves its tiny fonts, I'm looking at slightly blurry text 95% of the time. Fun for a glaucoma simulator, but not so much for long form reading. Please increase the Rez, guys!
Best of breed
Ignore the low star ratings if you recognize the actual music this mag covers, because it's the best of its kind, for those of us that appreciate the genres they highlight.
The legendary magazine
More than a magazine, THE WIRE is an obligated reference for those who know (and don't know) about futuristic music. For me this is more than a simple magazine.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- WIRE MAGAZINE LIMITED
- 12.5 MB
- Magazines & Newspapers
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
English, French, Spanish
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © Copyright 2020 Exact Editions Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- The Wire $4.99
- The Wire $39.99
- 30-day access $5.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.