Steak Master – for the Perfect Steak
- Number 1 in the App Store Top 10 "Food & Drink" in Germany (2014, 2015, 2016)
– Recommended by famous german newspapers including 'Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung', 'NZZ' or 'Lecker' (2014)
- Tested and recommended by german TV Shows like 'SAT.1-Frühstücksfernsehen' or RTL2 'Schau dich schlau'
Steak Master - Your steak companion
Preparing the perfect steak sure isn’t easy and needs a lot of experience, which not all of you have. The effects could be serious – you want the steak medium but it’s still dripping blood. Or your anticipated rare steak is overdone and tough as leather.
But, it doesn’t have to be that way. The Steak Master is easy to use and will help you cook your steaks just as you like them every time.
The perfect preparation of steaks with the Steak Master is simple:
1. First, you determine the type of temperature scale on your oven’s temperature control knob by tapping on the configuration button. That is important, because the Steak Master needs this information in order to give you the correct oven temperature later on. You only have to do this once per oven.
2. Decide if you want to use just a frying pan or both frying pan and oven (the professional way). Using only the frying pan is much quicker than the use of frying pan and oven. The meat never leaves the pan until it’s done, whereas the slightly longer expert’s way requires both frying pan and oven, but results in perfectly juicy steaks.
3. Most important: The thickness of the steak and how you would like to have your steak . The Steak Master helps you to define both. Just tap on the pictures or the controller under the pictures and select how well done you would like to have your steak. Then tap on „Thickness of steak“, hold the steak sideways next to your iPhone/iPod and measure its thickness with your index finger.
4. Here we go! The Steak Master guides you step by step through the menu, tells you what you need and shows you what to do in chronological order. For example how much you have to heat up the butter/oil in your frying pan.
5. When your butter/oil is slightly bubbling it’s time to sear the steak. The Steak Master counts down the time before you have to turn over the steak.
6. After searing your meat you just follow the instructions the Steak Master is giving you. Did you choose the cooking with the frying pan, reduce the heat to the temperature the Steak Master states on the display and simply finish the cooking in the pan. How long you have to cook and how often you have to turn the meat – the Steak Master-App has got the answer! A small treat are the Steak-Spy and the Steak-O-Meter: they show you the condition and the progress of the steak during the cooking phase until it‘s finished. Then take the meat out of the pan, wrap it up with tin foil and let it rest. How long? The Steak Master tells you automatically.
7. If you decided to use a frying pan and the oven it’s the same method, only that you have to follow the additional instructions of the Steak-Master-App for the use of the oven. Either way you choose – the result is a perfectly cooked steak and a great meal. Enjoy!
- The Steak-Master calculates from the thickness of the steak and the chosen steak result (e.g. rare or medium) exactly to the second the time the steak needs to cook.
- The formula is based on hundreds of tests by experienced steak experts.
- Fool-proof preparation: simply determine thickness of the steak, the way you would like to have the steak done and follow the illustrated instructions of the App step by step.
- The Steak Spy shows you the inside of the steak during the cooking progress.
- Cook perfect steaks with your iPhone X, iPhone XR, iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max
- Cook giant steaks with your iPad and iPad Pro
- Optimization for iOS 12
Ratings and Reviews
If you love steak
Get this app. The UI is wonderfully simple and intuitive. Every time I've used this app the results have been delicious. A must have for all steak lovers.
No cooking skills needed if u have this app!
I'm a steak lover. I used to live in Manhattan, NY, and have had steaks at numerous steakhouses in New York. In my opinion, Peter Luger steakhouse is No.1 and Smith&Wollensky is No.2. Enough about that. This app is amazing, it first asks you choose the cooking method, by pan or pan+oven. Then, how you want your steak, medium rare, well done...etc. Then it asks about the thickness of your raw beef. Then it runs a timer, the timer countdown the time you need to sear your steak, how much heat to set, and it beeps 5 seconds before you need to turn over and cook the other side. Then it goes on telling u step by step, right up until the cooking is finished. And then the timer goes on, telling u to wrap your steak with aluminum foil to let the juice spread itself inside your steak. Then when that's done, it tells to to serve. It's like having a chef standing next to you while you're cooking. Accurate animation of your steak(turn over the steak, watching your steak turn from raw to cooked) is a great touch. The app is well worth it's price. Great for those who don't know how to cook. Good for people who grill steaks every weekend like me too. Now I don't have to guess how long to cook which side. I just wish the app tells u step by step how to cook on a grill. One thing though, some steak has fats on the sides, I usually heat that to make the fat crispy. I wish the app tells my how long to cook that as well. If u have never cooked a steak, get this app. If u have never got your steak the way u really want it cooked, this is "the" app to have. Cheers to the app developer!
It works awesome. Very easy to use. Total dummy proof. Works great. Must have!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Mirko Müller
- 40.8 MB
- Food & Drink
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © Mirko Mueller, 2010-2020
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.