SparkChess is the only chess game that puts fun first. With a choice of boards, computer opponents and online play, it delivers a first-class game of chess that’s as accessible to experts as it is to novices, kids and anyone else who wants to discover how enjoyable this ancient strategy board game really is.
A GAME OF CHESS THAT EVERYONE CAN ENJOY
Too many chess games are impossible for anyone but the experts and masters to win. The real test of a truly intelligent chess game isn’t how hard it is to beat, but how able it is to accommodate players of all skill levels. It’s here that the award-winning SparkChess excels.
If you’re brand new to the checkerboard, you’re looking to improve your game, you want to teach your kids to play, or you’re ready to progress to the next challenging level, everyone can find the perfect balance in SparkChess.
Complete with online play and a child-safe chat system, you can also import and export of your SparkChess game using the standardized FEN system that allows you to recreate any board configuration to continue your game elsewhere; even using a physical chess set!
* Practice chess against the computer or challenge your friends in multiplayer.
* Choose from different boards: 2D, 3D and a stunning fantasy chess set.
* A simple user interface that makes games easy to set up and play.
* Choose from different computer opponents depending on your level.
* Play casual, fast or expert games to fit your needs.
* The only chess game designed to appeal to beginners and experts alike.
* Use Coach Mode to have the computer explain, in plain language, why a move was good or bad.
* Learn chess with 20 lessons and 70 puzzles.
* Track your multiplayer progress with statistics.
* Save and replay your games.
* Import/Export games in PGN format.
* Edit the board.
* Chat in multiplayer.
* Watch and comment live multiplayer games.
* Large and friendly community of chess lovers from around the world.
Chess is once again fun to play in SparkChess.
“Your chess board and pieces are the best by far (compared to any other program, including Fritz 12).”
“SparkChess is a superbly presented and polished program. I think you have achieved your aim of making chess fun, accessible and entertaining for a wide audience.”
“I love the game and play it regularly - great work on the game”
“SparkChess provides deep, intelligent gameplay… [Its] multiplayer offerings are just as impressive.” ~ MaximumPC.com, app of the week.
* Fix some of the chess lessons
* Fix a rare error when watching live multiplayer games.
Ratings and Reviews
Enjoyable game play it everyday
The last update caused the 50 move rule to now be only 25 moves before a draw is declared. Useless for setting up endgame positions. I contacted support and got no response. I will be attempting to downgrade the app to the previous version. Disappointing.
Fix the bug with the 50 move rule
The 50 move rule is only 25 moves for some reason. This can turn a win into a draw. Please fix.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.