iGlide - the Soaring Navigation Software by AIR Avionics
iGlide is a soaring navigation App with advanced functionality that is amazingly easy to use. iGlide supports glider pilots during a competition, a cross-country flight, or just during short recreational flights.
iGlide comes in three editions at three price-points. Starting with "iGlide lite" and "iGlide advanced" up to "iGlide pro". All apps can be upgraded later-on by paying the price difference in an in-app-purchase.
Features of iGlide lite:
- Simple and easy to use Direct-To function to a single waypoint.
- Easy to read, high-resolution terrain map with detailed topographical features.
- Free daily updates for aviation data such as airspaces, airfields, and navaids.
- Final glide calculator with Ballast, Bugs, MacCready, and aircraft polar data.
- Profile view showing terrain and airspace en route.
- Vertical airspace overview and airspace warnings
- Free airport and airspace-database with free updates
- Additional data can be purchased as in-app-purchase
- Flight-statistics with logbook
- Traffic is displayed on the map if an appropriate data source is connected (FLARM, AIR TRAFFIC or similar).
- Visual and voice traffic warnings, if an appropriate data source is connected.
- Many display options individually configurable.
- Flight-logging (IGC and KML format).
- Live tracking on different servers (e.g. livetrack24.com).
- Track-Line showing the preceding flightpath on the map.
- Data import for all common data formats (CUP/DAT/OpenAir/PLR etc.)
- Live METAR weather data for selected airports.
Additional features in iGlide advanced:
- Route planning over any number of waypoints.
- Directly upload flight logs to OLC (www.onlinecontest.org) or send via eMail.
- Rubberband function for quick and easy route manipulation.
- Accurate wind calculation.
Additional features in iGlide pro:
- Calculation and optimization of the current OLC scoring distance.
- Extensive route planning with turn areas, assigned areas and implementation of FAI Rules (e.g. finish circle).
- FAI triangle optimization.
- Comprehensive in-flight statistics functions.
- Final glide calculation over terrain.
- Live and super-easy AAT optimization.
- Thermal Climb Optimizer.
IMPORTANT SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS: iOS 12 or newer. Devices running older versions are not supported.
- Fixes issue in Map Download screen on iPad version.
- New option to directly Export/Share an IGC file from your Logbook.
- New option to cancel download after tapping a Map tile on Map Download screen.
- Fixes issue with vertical position indicator in Airspace Overview.
- Fixes issue in NavBox Layout settings screen.
- Other technical improvements for newer rounded screen edge devices.
Ratings and Reviews
Unable to download pro version from adv
I actually really like glide. However I upgraded from advanced to pro and it’s confirmed in my settings however I cannot get it to download and convert from advanced to pro after paying for it. I see no email on the website for communication direct to developer hoping they see this and communicate with me on how to convert.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Garrecht Avionik GmbH
- 31.8 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, German, Italian, Polish
- Age Rating
- © 2008-2020 AIR Avionics
- In-App Purchases
- iGlide Pro Features $119.99
- ICAO map 2015, DE $99.99
- VAC Germany $99.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.