Virtual Night Vision combines powerful image enhancement, camera control that lets in up to 15x more light, powerful 8x zoom and many fun effects like thermal imaging, green mode, binoculars and more.
It won't work in complete blackness because the iPhone lacks special night cameras, but Virtual Night Vision works in pretty dark conditions. How dark? It depends on the iPhone but moonlight is enough. On any iPhone it will still work when the iPhone Camera app only sees black.
How does it work? It uses a live camera view and special photo enhancement techniques to boost light levels, plus 3 special camera modes (Fast, High and Max). Fast produces good results when you’re on the move, Max produces amazing results when you’re still, and High is balanced between the two.
And you can take HD photos with enhancement and effects.
== 3 powerful modes: ==
• Fast: best results with fast motion
• High: balanced between speed and performance for all-purpose use
• Max: for stationary use. Ultimate enhancement!
== Features: ==
• Live, adjustable night vision enhancement. Enhance as much or as little as you want to get the picture just right
• 3 operating modes ensure best results in any situation
• Smooth, fast, live fullscreen display
• Powerful 8x live zoom
• Multiple live color modes: Full Color, Black and White, Red, Green and Blue filters
• Multiple live effects:
- Thermal Image (this is an effect, not real thermal imaging)
- Monochrome shade: Highlights patterns of light and shadow
- False Color
- Posterize: See the world in a limited palette of colors
• Negative. Sometimes produces better images, also makes a cool X-Ray effect!
• Built-in camera, captures exactly what you see on screen and saves automatically to your photo library at HD resolution
• Built-in image viewer
• Built-in binocular simulation
== Please note: ==
• Night vision in extremely dark or pitch black conditions is impossible with the iPhone camera
• Thermal imaging is a video effect only!
• Virtual NightVision is compatible with iPhone 4S and later, iPod Touch with camera and iPad with camera. It requires iOS 8.
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
- New name! True NightVision is now called Virtual Night Vision
- New and improved interface
- Support for all iPhones
- Full iOS 9 support
- 3D Touch support for iPhone 6s / 6s Plus. Press firmly on the photo preview button to peek at your last photo, press harder to open it.
Ratings and Reviews
Can be better
I've been wanting to have easy access to night vision for a long time, and this app kinda succeeds but mostly fails. Whenever I turn the lights off, the picture is almost complete black, no matter what setting you're on. And the enhancement and zoom features don't work at all, also there should be a brightness setting, because once again; the picture is almost unseeable. If they release an update to fix all the things I've listed, then I could accept that.
Incredible! Found it on my iPhone one night after I found one of my dogs using her new pillow I had gotten for her that day. It was dark with only the small tv on.
After turning the night vision on the picture I took was bright, clear and perfect!
And don’t point it at the night sky unless you’re ready to see what’s been up there above our heads.
The developer, Realtime Dreams Limited, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Realtime Dreams Limited
- 1.3 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2015 Interealtime
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.