Stay informed around-the-clock with world-class, award-winning news, commentary and analysis from The Globe and Mail.
• Watchlist: Create and edit custom Watchlists of key stocks directly in the app with all changes synced seamlessly to the website
• Saved articles: Bookmark your favourite articles to read later
• Audio articles: Listen to select articles via the dedicated audio player
• All Globe and Mail articles and sections, including subscriber-only features with a digital subscription
• Latest news and top stories
• Alerts: Opt-in to be notified about breaking news
• Offline reading: Save articles to read when you’re offline
• In-app purchase: Purchase a digital subscription to unlock subscriber-only content
Subscribe today to access all Globe and Mail content on all platforms.
App Store Policy:
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
By subscribing to The Globe and Mail, you agree to our Terms and Conditions: https://www.theglobeandmail.com/appview/privacy-terms/terms-and-conditions/ and
We hope you enjoy using the new Globe iOS app. If you have any questions or comments, tweet @GlobeHelp or visit http://support.globeandmail.com.
• Increased support for VoiceOver to include: Search, Stocks, Alerts and more.
• Improvements to app performance.
• Bug fixes and general improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Among the best news resources around the “globe”
The Globe and Mail still gives meaning to journalism. Balanced, detailed reporting about a wide range of international topics. As a whole the depth of reporting is on par with, and a good compliment to, The NY Times with the upside of a lot less reporting on Trump and the incompetence of the US political scene...there’s a whole lot happening outside of the US and the Globe helps to keep me informed of that.
Same story presented multiple times
As I scroll through the list Of stories, I see lots of good stuff, and then as I continue I can’t help but noticing that the ‘good stuff’ keeps repeating. But what makes it annoying is that there is still stuff that is new. Re-presenting stories that I don’t want to read prevents me from finding stores that I do. How about you present the story once and if I want to read it, I will. You don’t need to try to trick me into it later.
Then there’s notifications. I have mine set to breaking news only. I keep getting “the Sunday morning read” and other editorial content pushed to me. Don’t want that. Stated I didn’t.
Then unsubscribing is deliberately difficult. Most apps let you do it, or you do it thru App Store. This one you have to dig around to find the number and then call. Very annoying.
I’m a Canadian who has lived in the US for many years. The Toronto Globe and Mail is easily on par with higher profile US papers such as the NYT and Post. Americans looking to broaden their perspective of US news by reading a foreign paper should consider this paper as it has clearly “stepped up” - becoming both Canada’s national paper and world class source for news.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- The Globe and Mail
- 54.6 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2022 The Globe and Mail Inc. All Rights Reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Subscription $24.99
- Annual Subscription $229.99