The best FREE Minesweeper on the app store!
- Four awesome theme modes to choose from: Light, Dark, Classic, and Classic Mono.
- Made for fans of classic Windows Minesweeper and for those who want a more modern look.
- 6 Minesweeper difficulties and new CUSTOM GAMES!
- Quick & Easy Gameplay.
- Tap & Hold to place flags and marks or toggle each mode with the HUD buttons.
- "Middle Mouse" mimic by touching numbers.
- Zoom the board in and out using pinch gestures.
- Sleekest UI of any Minesweeper on the store.
- Full HD retina graphics.
- Landscape and Portrait orientations.
- Cool second chance feature enables you to undo your last move. Great for accidental tile touches.
- 100% Free!
- Universal iPad & iPhone support.
If you enjoy Minesweeper Go, please don't forget to leave a review! Thanks for playing!
- iPhone X Support
- Various optimizations and fixes.
Thanks for playing!
Ratings and Reviews
Overall well-executed classic casual title
Love having both the vintage and modern themes. Worth the 99c to ditch the lengthy ads on this one. Nice soundtrack, overall a stylish, intuitive UX.
1. Classic MS doesn’t require tapping out all non-mine tiles, i.e., once all mines are correctly flagged the game ends. Please fix it so users don’t have to hunt down to the last non-mine tile to tap them all out, it’s annoying, and now I can see the logic behind the original MS not requiring that.
2. Would like the option to turn off just the mine explosion and leave the other SFX.
3. Love night mode! Great font choice with Avenir - I use it a lot, great font. One tweak to aid visibility: lighten up the tile borders a bit to make them more easily distinguishable to the eyes.
4. Biggest pet peeve: the flashing flag button. It’s novel, but unhelpful. Has caused several errors or second-guessing whether the button’s active or not. At least add the option to make it a solidly lit button. I’d also love for the button be larger and stand out from the menu row - maybe even add the option to place it in any corner, so lefties/righties can choose? That would be perfect. As of this version it’s honestly just poorly designed. At the very least get rid of the novel flashing effect - it’s a distraction that slows down game play.
Overall, fantastic design - great work! Makes me want to check whether you’ve also done Reversi and some other classics.
Developer Response ,
Wow! Thank you for all of these suggestions! We will definitely be considering these for future Minesweeper Go updates. We're looking into the flashing flag button as a possible fix. We appreciate the feedback and the rating :)
This game saved my life [no clickbait]
I was walking Huntington Ave coming out of a class. I had classes since 8am so i was a bit parched and i wanted to stop at a jamba juice. But ok and behold, there were no jamba juices! So i asked the nearest pedestrian for directions and the man (or women, i don't judge on looks) yelled at me and said "I'm black swan give me all yer jewels". He/she was a pirate. Anyways I didn't have any jewels, so i had to bargain with him. I asked him what else he needed and he said he would accept a check. So i went to the nearest atm and i discovered atms don't print checks. So me and black swan walked the streets for a while looking for a bank. We talked abit and I found out he's into making tapestries. I asked if i could see some of his rugs and he was so glad that someone had taken interest in his passion that he took me to his 3-story house in the North End and i've gone back every friday since. Just goes to show u this a friend can be made anywhere u go.
Anyways i was playing minesweeper when a bird flew at so i threw my phone at it and i think i broke its wing ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ C'est la vie!
Developer Response ,
Wow--what a life you lead. We love it. Thank you for the awesome review, story, and rating :)
One of the better minesweeper apps
This minesweeper version functions well and doesn’t have the same kind of lag I’ve experienced with others.
Suggestion for the developers—change the default or at least make it a setting so the board is not zoomed in when you start a new one. I am playing on an iPad and play difficult or harder, so lots of squares. It’s zoomed in way too much every time I have to restart a board, and it’s annoying to have to pinch in to zoom out every time.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.