Machinarium is the award-winning independent adventure game developed by the makers of Samorost series, Botanicula and CHUCHEL.
Help Josef the robot to save his girlfriend Berta kidnapped by the Black Cap Brotherhood gang.
"Absolutely Fantastic" - TouchArcade
4/4 - USA TODAY
4/4 - SlideToPlay
9/10 - Pocket Gamer
- IGF, Excellence in Visual Art Award
- Gamasutra, Best Indie Game Of The Year
- VGChartz.com, Best Indie Game Of The Year
Added link to our new game CHUCHEL.
Improved compatibility with iPad Pro 11".
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Imagine WALL·E directed by Tim Burton—that’s the weird, wonderful world of Machinarium. But this cute robot’s quest for love combines tons more influences—like point-and-click adventures, hidden-object puzzlers, and comic books—for a truly unique experience. Challenging but full of awesome “aha!” moments, it’s an artistic odyssey that looks amazing on iPhone, iPad, or Apple TV.
Fun, but too short and bad hint system
This game has great graphics and I love the tone. The puzzles were interesting and generally well done. There are two main drawbacks for me. First, I think the game is too short given it’s price. Second, I think the hint system, which is crucial for a game like this, has a terrible flaw. Generally I don’t care that you have to play a mini game to access the walkthrough. The problem is that it shows you the walkthrough for the area you’re in, regardless of where you might be in the chain of puzzles. So you might have access to 6 or 7 areas and not be sure where to go next. You’ll have to go to each area, play the mini game, and hope there’s something you can actually do there. This also means that you will sometimes bypass the actual puzzle accidentally because the walkthrough for the area you’re in just has the final solution to another area’s puzzle.
Too many bugs
I’ve heard a lot good reviews before I downloaded it to my iPad. Then I found that maybe the game itself has a unique style, but the experience of playing it is terrible. And I’m sure it’s not my device’s problem since mine is the new iPad Pro and I’ve played many other games while none of them have any issue.
1. The music and sound effects disappeared for many times and restart the game won’t even fix it
2. The whole screen got stuck when I tried to solve a puzzle and went back to normal once I stopped trying. So I have to give up and delete this game because I couldn’t move forward anymore.
3. The controls are very difficult. If you want to use some of the equipments you’ve obtained, you have to place them PRECISELY where they belong and sometimes even try several times for it to work.
I still think this is a good game and I assume it might work better on PC or Mac. But please fix these bugs in this iOS version. Look forward to seeing its update.
- Amanita Design s.r.o.
- 262.4 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
English, Czech, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © Amanita Design s.r.o.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.