We admit it: app improvements = happier customers = better rating = grinning engineers. In this latest update:
- Bug fixes.
Got feedback? Did we do something good or mess something up? We’d love to hear from you - drop us a note at email@example.com.
Ratings and Reviews
I was able to stream last week and now I keep getting a page saying i need to check my connection!!! Live chat tells me my smart card keeps getting unliked and my “eligibility” changes constantly WHY!!!! I have WiFi and still nothing!!! DStv support twitter is never replied to!!! So annoying!! I could give zero if that was an option.
Developer Response ,
Hi TB_IG ,
Please log out and back in again an let us know if that resolves the issue?
I agree with the other reviews. App is not great. Is has great potential however. Too many poor streaming experiences to my apple tv. Lots of freezing and stuttering. Wish it worked better. Also, apple tv app is still missing which is a massive gap from a development point of view.
6 May review: After the update for the previous version i could for the first time since using the app airplay an entire episode without constant buffering / freezing etc. So step in right direction. However it was inconsistent. Sometimes it worked and other times i could not even airplay anything. Lets see what this latest version does.
11 May review: Yup. Back to the old days. Cannot airply to apple tv without constant freezing / stuttering / no sound etc. Cannot even watch properly on lowest quality setting on my phone. Showmax works perfectly, maybe learn from them?
A few basics they need to get right:
1. Give people the ability to remove something from their suggested lists. I don’t want to watch Isidingo or Masterchef, give the user the functionality to remove that from their suggestions and keep it off. If I change my mind, I can go find it.
2. Improve algorithms to match shows ‘You may be interested in’. So I watch action, now I may be interested in Masterchef. I watch sport, now I may be interested in Masterchef. I watch comedy, now I may be interested in Masterchef. You get the point? If what I watch has no bearing on what you show here, then just remove this whole section because it seems more that promoted shows are put there than what I actually watch.
3. Allow users to set the picture quality and subsequent download size based on connection. For WiFi connections, I want HD but for mobile connections I want a lower quality. The user has to manually change this if they so want to.
Generally, a lot of potential, definitely some easy improvements can be made which will make this an easy 4-5 Star app (from a functionality perspective).
Developer Response ,
Thanks for taking out time to rate us and giving us feedback. It really helps us to keep going and delivering the best. :)
- Multichoice Support Services (Pty) Ltd
- 45.3 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2018 Multichoice Support Services (Pty) Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.