Road Trip HD is the fastest and easiest app for tracking of your car’s fuel economy, maintenance history, and expenses.
Remember to checkout Road Trip Lite and Road Trip for the iPhone.
"There’s a ton of MPG apps on the App Store but Road Trip is the best because of its amazingly dense summary screen and its best in class fuel entry screen."
— Jason D. O'Grady, zdnet.com
"The most comprehensive road travel app of them all, Road Trip allows you to track mileage, fuel prices, graph out trip expenses, and even export the data to CSV"
— Ben Parr, mashable.com
"The part we like the most is the cool graph that shows fuel costs and average mpg over time. And it lets you look at the cost per day to keep those wheels turning."
— Car and Driver Magazine
Road Trip will…
• Track your fuel economy and fuel costs.
• Track your maintenance history.
• Track and compare your vacations and trip costs.
• Remind you when regular maintenance is due.
• Prevent expensive premature maintenance.
• Show you how much money you spend on your car.
• Mileage and fuel economy tracking.
• Service and repair log, with service reminders.
• Expense tracking.
• Trip tracking and reporting.
• Comprehensive statistics.
• Full international support (Metric, US, and Imperial units).
• Unlimited number of vehicles.
• Full screen, interactive graphs.
• Customizable Shortcuts
• 3D-Touch Quick Actions
• Siri voice integration
• All key statistics and graphs on a single page.
• Cost per day, Cost per km, Moving Average.
• Maximum distance per tank.
• Monthly and Yearly distance and cost estimates.
• Vehicle depreaction statistics.
AUTOMATIC BACKUP AND SYNC
• Automatically sync between multiple of iOS device using Dropbox or iCloud.
• Automatically backup to Dropbox, including CSV files.
• Your Road Trip data always remains private. We do not collect data from your iOS device, and we do not have access to the data you store in iCloud or Dropbox.
• Tripmeter or Odometer distance entry.
• Partial fill-ups, Same-day fill-ups, and Missed fill-ups.
• Currency Conversion.
• Geo-tagging and mapping.
• Searching and filtering.
• Jerrycan Fuel Tracking.
• Trip Cost Calculator.
• Distance-To-Empty Calculator.
• Tire log, including support for summer and winter tires.
• Distance correction for inaccurate odometers.
• Monthly and Yearly distance and cost estimates.
• Trip Computer Logging (fuel economy, average speed, temperature)
• Graphs for comparing MPG vs. Fuel Type, Driving Conditions, Average Speed, and Temperature.
• Odometer replacement.
• Vehicle purchase price and depreciation tracking.
• Import and Export CSV
• Electric vehicle tracking (in kW.h)
• Home electricity tracking (in kW.h)
• Motorboat tracking (in Hours)
Lots more information and screen shots on the website:
Questions? Suggestions? We want to hear from you!
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
• When entering back-dated expense entries, Road Trip will automatically fill the odometer field based on the selected date.
• Improved Russian Localization (Thanks Denis Andreadis!)
• Fixed a bug were upcoming service reminders may have appeared in the wrong order.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great App and Great Developer
I've been using another app to track vehicle maintenance and fuel usage for several years. Now, that app is no longer available on the App Store and there is no support. So, I did some research and found Road Trip (MPG - iPhone, HD - iPad) to be the highest-rated of all the available comparable apps. Boy...I'm glad I did. First, I found the developer to be outstanding. I sent a help request and he responded in less than 10 minutes. Over the next couple of hours he assisted me getting the historical data for my 4 vehicles from my previously-used app imported into Road Trip. That's first-rate service! The layout of the app is nice and most importantly, the sync with Dropbox allows easy tracking of multiple vehicles on multiple IOS devices. This app and it's developer are outstanding! Buy with confidence!
I’ve been using this app for years to track my wife’s car and my car. It’s helped me to save money at a mechanic when they recommend a service and all I need to do is consult my iPad (or iPhone).
The downside is that the search function doesn’t touch the notes. So if you get 80,000 miles service completed, for example, you need to make a separate entry for each thing they do in order for it to pop up in search results. Since usually I go in for one thing at a time, that’s not that big of a deal for me.
User since 2009
Really glad to see the ability to export multiple vehicles at once. I have eleven units to track and backing them up now will be a breeze. Still would like to see it sync through iCloud, otherwise the app does exactly what I need it to do.
- Darren Stone
- 9.9 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
English, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2008-2020 Darren Stone
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.