"My family loves it! They always use the app when we go on car rides or when they're bored at home. It's good to keep their imaginations going with reading. I totally recommend." - Parent @Gonzachr006
“I love the skybrary app. Can't recommend it enough. My son is riveted by the stories and begs to hear more, the narrators are exemplary, and I love the diversity of stories. If you're on the fence about allowing your kids to "play" in an app (or paying for it), this app is the one you should bend the rules for - you and your kids will both love it and it's worth every penny!”- aphrotrite
“When it comes to screen time, my son is allowed to use Skybrary anytime. I’ve never seen him concentrate so much and he asks so many interesting questions afterwards. I love it. ” -ProudDad66
"We've never before seen as diverse a library offered up" – Common Sense Media
“I love this app and I highly recommend it for children” - Wired Magazine’s GEEKMOM
Skybrary, a children’s reading app, is an immersive world of discovery, with 7 magical islands, each home to hundreds of quality books and educational videos that celebrate diversity, family and the world around us. Young readers are free to explore the topics they love most as well as discover new areas of interest.
• Enjoy nearly 1,000 quality children’s books.
• Discover exclusive educational Video Field Trips.
• Choose "Read to Me" or "Read by Myself" for each book.
• Award-winning Narrators including LeVar Burton.
• Engaging book animations bring stories to life.
• Support reading comprehension.
• Diverse collection of children’s story books
• Read to earn stickers and build your own story.
• Create customized profiles for up to 3 children
• Easy-to-use child friendly navigation.
• Ad-free environment.
WHAT MAKES SKYBRARY SO SPECIAL?
• Supports increased reading frequency and literacy development.
• Designed to enhance reading comprehension through purposeful interactivity.
• Enhances a child’s relationship to reading by making it fun, interesting, and relevant.
• Designed to engage young minds within the context of a modern family’s busy lifestyle.
• Provides healthy, interactive, educational screen time.
HOW SKYBRARY SUBSCRIPTIONS WORK:
• Register and get a 1 Month Free Trial to everything we have to offer!
• After the 1 Month Free Trial you will be subscribed to either a monthly subscription for $4.99 USD or an annual subscription for $39.99 USD (all subscriptions are recurring).
• Your subscription is connected to your iTunes Account and can be used on additional iPads, iPhones, and across the web on any browser.
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase or at the start of the first subscription period after an eligible free trial has completed.
• Your subscription will auto-renew unless auto-renewal is canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period.
• You may turn off auto-renewal at any time from your iTunes account settings.
• Cancellations will be reflected during your next billing cycle.
Skybrary is brought to you by Reading Is Fundamental (RIF), the nation’s leading non-profit organization focused on children’s literacy, and your purchase of Skybrary helps support our mission to ensure all children have the ability to read and succeed.
© Reading Is Fundamental. All rights reserved. RIF is a 501(c)(3). Skybrary® property of Reading Is Fundamental
We incorporated and are now part of Reading Is Fundamental (RIF), the nation’s leading non-profit organization focused on children’s literacy. Your purchase of Skybrary helps support our mission to ensure all children have the ability to read and succeed.
In this version:
- Bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Building on the mission of the long-running TV show, this marvelous app encourages kids to read with a huge assortment of books and video clips. Fun categories like Awesome People and Animal Kingdom—and recommendations based on children’s interests—ensure they’ll find something they love. Parents can use the app to promote reading at home, and it offers teachers a vast library curated by a trusted source, making it easy to align with Common Core State Standards.
I am thoroughly impressed!
I wanted my granddaughter (5 yrs.) to use her iPad for something other than watching videos and playing games. There are a huge number of age appropriate (you choose the age) books which are wonderfully narrated.
The app allows any five books to be placed in a backpack (downloaded) so children can ‘read’ even when offline.
There are ‘stickers’ given as rewards after every book that is ‘read.’
This app is totally worth the money!
No Reading Rainbow
I was hoping, when we got this app, that it would contain all the classic bits like Toothpaste Millionaire from Reading Rainbow - where most of us know Levar Burton from. Sadly, due to legal disputes, he can no longer post that content and Reading Rainbow itself has no content to speak of. I would have loved to share with our kids some of these stories from my childhood. That said, the app has loads of books and videos. Kids can read or have stories read to them. I originally tried to access the Skybrary from my PC through my browser with my daughter and just about nothing worked properly- hence the missing star. The books would not open and it crashed repeatedly. Everything so far works as it should on the iPads.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Reading Is Fundamental, Inc.
- 304 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Reading Is Fundamental
- In-App Purchases
- Skybrary Subscription $4.99
- Skybrary Subscription $29.99
- Skybrary Subscription $39.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.