Pocket Drums is the most realistic sounding and looking drum app out there! Perfect for both beginners and pros alike, Pocket Drums utilizes the latest technology and decades of real drum experience to create the ideal drumming app for the iPhone or iPad.
All of the features of the app combine to make you feel as if you are sitting down and playing a real drum set. The drums respond to your touch, as the sound varies according to how hard you hit them. The pitch also changes slightly depending on where you hit the toms, just like a real kit. Playing realistic rolls is as easy as swirling your finger around, simply adjusting the roll speed by how fast or slow you swirl your finger.
There is also 15 different professionally recorded high fidelity drum sets to choose from, and an amazing drum wrap, with more to come. Pocket Drums also features 16 PlayAlong Beats, 10 unique Drum Beats and 10 Music Beats to rock out with, as well as 10 different metronome sounds.
A unique feature is the addition of 10 basic rudiment videos, so you can see firsthand how to play the drum rudiments.
With the ability to adjust the pitch, sensitivity, individual drum volume, reverb, and delay, recording, ability to share and export your recordings (optional in-app purchase), and so much more, Pocket Drums is by far the most comprehensive and realistic drumming app available today!
• 15 professionally recorded 44.1 khz high fidelity kits, with more to come
• The harder you hit the drums, the louder they sound!
• Drum Pitch Sensitivity - the pitch changes depending on where you strike the toms, just like a real kit
• Reverb and Delay Controls - slider adjustments allows limitless drum sounds
• Pitch Control - lower or raise the pitch of the drums
• Drum Volume - adjust volume of each individual drum
• Snares - 11 more snares that you can mix and match to create your ideal sound (optional in-app purchase)
• Videos of basic drum rudiments played on a real snare drum
• Amazingly realistic drum wraps
• Realistic visual effects - drums and cymbals look and respond like a real drum set, visually corresponding to your every touch
• Retina Display for both iPad and iPhone for incredibly crisp graphics
• PlayAlong Beats: 16 new loops with basic bass drum, hi-hat or snare beats, to play along for added rhythmic expression!
• 10 Drum Beats and 10 Music Beats to play along to, with more to come!
• Realistic Rolls - simply swirl your finger around to create slower or faster rolls
• Double Bass drum feature with slider adjustment
• 10 Metronome Sounds and 4 Time Signatures to choose from, with BPM adjustment
• Recording - easily add or delete tracks, save and loop recordings
• Multi-track recording functionality
• Share your recordings through email, Facebook, and Twitter
• Export your recordings to your computer (optional in-app purchase)
• Lefty Mode - reverse the entire drum layout
• Play along to the music on your iPod
• Option to add bass drum when hitting crash cymbal
IN-APP PURCHASES TO UPGRADE:
• Additional kit pack
• 11 more snares that you can mix and match to create your ideal sound
• 3 more wraps: Turquoise, Black Oyster, and Dark Wood
• Export recordings
• Ads removed
Bug fixes and stability improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
It’s a good, inexpensive way to experience playing the drum set, one problem is that if you accidentally, press the HUD, it will most likely pull up an ad, which can get annoying. Other than that, it’s a good app.
Ok, the app does what it says on the tin...however if you're an experienced drummer this app most likely won't be too helpful and/or fun. Having to learn basic drills such as bass high hat snare etc. is annoying due to you having to learn how to do the bass, snare and high hat just as you would normally drumming. The only way I feel I could play this app is if I use my toe to control the base and my fingers to do everything else. If you aren't a drummer this could inspire you to do the real thing so I guess it's good for that. Another thing: it works like a normal drum kit (kinda) so don't expect yourself to be amazing just keep at it (or even better get real drum lessons and try save up for an acoustic or electric kit.
Too many ads & keeps freezing.
You can’t press anything without getting bombarded with an advertisement and if you press the drums too fast, the game freezes and plays the drum sound over & over & over very loudly in a stutter, it’s horrific, you have to close it to get it to stop, don’t bother with this app, even when it works correctly, the drums are horrible, go download “real drums” it’s much better and actually is functional , this app “pocket drums” is terrible.
- Drum Starz
- 76.6 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © Drum Starz
- In-App Purchases
- Remove ads $0.99
- Exporting $0.99
- Kit Pack $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.