If you enjoy word games then you will love Letterpress for its intuitive play and beautiful design. Two players take turns spelling words to capture the board. Player with the most points wins!
• PLAY words at your own pace.
• ALWAYS FREE and full-featured.
• COMPETE against friends, let Letterpress find you an opponent or challenge one of our Bot players.
• CHAT in real-time with other players.
• TRACK your performance with Statistics and Leaderboards.
• DICTIONARIES power real-time word definitions.
• Many more game features and customizations available.
For free support and answers to frequently asked questions, head over to http://www.letterpressapp.com/support.html. Follow us on Twitter @LetterpressApp. Like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Letterpress. Play everywhere!
Letterpress is built in the USA by the team at Solebon LLC (http://www.solebon.com) where
we are dedicated to Sharpening Minds at Play.
This update removes a limitation with Played Words and introduces celebrations at the conclusion of each game.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
It's a battle for vocabulary and territory supremacy in this addictive, strategic take on word games. Find a friend, start spelling, and dominate the board one letter at a time.
Inventive, simple wi a few flaws
I rated Letterpress 5-Stars because it’s in the top echelon of app games. I don’t mean that it is without its design shortcomings, however. I will make the following 3 observations:
(1) it’s fun, and as you play more you figure out alternative strategies to the initial attack & burrow-in approach which can be equally effective. I like the minimalism of its rules, format and operations.
(2) the lexicon continues to baffle me. I still play words which are valid but disallowed. And the abundance of foreign words that are allowed are disconcerting (“zapateros” was a recent example and there are numerous Russian and Arab transliterations which are allowed).
(3) I lose 10% of my games. Half of those are the result of a failure to foresee the favorable board I leave my opponent after submitting. A “preview” key would be nice but it detracts from the minimalism of the design and fosters laziness. Of the remaining 5%, half of those are bonafide words that I know and had not considered. The other half are walk-off winners which I have never heard of. Everyone has vastly different backgrounds and expertise so you can never be sure how they know these words. But archaisms and obsolete technical terms are a give away. And I bet there are a large number of players who are expert Scrabble players who routinely study word lists and unusual letter combinations.
Thank you, Atebits.
Still the best iOS game EVER!!
Back on track!! Thanks!
This latest update has a few glaring graphical glitches. On the iPhone X, everything is stretched a bit vertically and the chosen letter tiles at the top overlap with very few in place. On the iPad the top letter tiles overlap the letter counts. Please fix.
Excellent update. LP is finally consistent with push notifications etc. Lots of other nice details added as well. Reinstall the app if you are having server issues. Cleared up all issues for me. Thank You!!
Thanks so much for working to perfect my favorite iOS game!!
This is a beautiful game with a wonderful concept, but the Game Center integration is killing the experience. I have always avoided game center up until now. This awesome game by a wonderful author made me fire it up and try it without question. Unfortunately, the game constantly hangs, fails to send moves etc. Annoying as it is in it's current state, I would normally not even review it or give 1 star. Although it truly is a great game. I hope that these issues can be fixed. I actually have it on my first screen. I have never done that for any game. Please fix it! Thanks for all of your hard work!
- Solebon LLC
- 41.5 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2015 Solebon LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Letterpress Upgrade $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.