- ever wondered if you are charging the correct price on your menu for your food?
- considered how ingredient price variations impact your bottom line?
- been looking for a simple method of costing new items for your menu?
- wanted a quick method of providing costs for functions such as corporate events or weddings?
- wondered why your food cost % is too high?
- ever been asked to cost a dish on the run for a last minute addition to the night service?
If you answered yes to any of these questions then iChef Mobile is for you.
Menu costing is one key element of great kitchen management and is often overlooked. Whether you are a caterer, restaurant or cafe owner, executive chef or run a commercial kitchen, you will need to cost each menu item that is produced from your kitchen. From seasoned professionals right through to apprentices and new starters in the hospitality industry, this simple to use tool gives you the ability to accurately cost your menu.
iChef Mobile provides you with the ability to enter ingredients, their costs and by adjusting your food cost margin, you can determine sale price and expected profit. Each costing is saved for later review or modification when ingredient costs change allowing you to ensure your bottom line is sustained. iChef Mobile also provides you with the ability to email your menu costing to other people such as owners, kitchen managers, line chefs, sous chefs, etc.
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
iChef has been updated to include the following new features:
- Centralised ingredient list
- Excel format for email attachments
Ratings and Reviews
Cool app. Does what I need it to do and not much extra. Would be nice if the app could be used in portrait mode on my iPad. I'll give it 5-stars then.
Could be a 5 star app if?
The product yield 10% is not enough try up to 99% (what about tomato water at 48% yield?. You need a each cost( 1 egg ) keep it simple. I most of the time will use this app for quick cost why do I need to creat a recipe every time for instance I want to cost a single fish on the fly for a quick cost this would be a very nice addition. Think fast answers that's the point not useless data entry's
Useless. Waste of money.
The UI is messed up, but besides that, there is no way to enter the price for a specific amount you purchased such $3.49 for 12 ounce bottle so if you used 1 ounce you would have to calculate that yourself! And as another user stated there is no price history or database. Also there is nowhere to enter how many portions the recipe is for so you either have to convert it to one portion before you enter it, or calculate that after it gives the food cost for the whole recipe. Very stupid.
The developer, iChef Pty Ltd, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- iChef Pty Ltd
- 2.8 MB
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 6.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © iChef Pty Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.