School version (full)
*Entirety of 220 SIGHT WORDS from the popular Dolch list (+ extra 94 NOUNS!)*
*Preschool, Kindergarten, 1st Grade Categories *
*6 awesome EDUCATIONAL GAMES!*
* "an awesome level of interactivity"
* "hits the mark on being both educational, and entertaining for kids"
* "A colorful and quirky mechanical, industrial theme that children will definitely like. A great tool for teaching and allowing your children learn all about sight words"
"Provides ample opportunities to learn all 220 Dolch words through a series of six games and activities. The interface is simple and easy to navigate and overall the look is appealing."
Jill Goodman, smartappsforkids.com
* Kindertown's 7 Apps for Lively Learning selection - "an app with a lot of variety for reinforcing identification of sightwords"
Feed the hungry dog to learn spelling, save the Wordaliens, get the gears moving and more! Developed in cooperation with educational specialists, Action Sight Words Games helps children to become confident readers by teaching them in a fun, interactive way high-frequency words from the popular Dolch Sight Words List.
WHY TO TEACH SIGHTWORDS?
Sight words are words in English language that do not have a simple one-to-one correspondence between sounds and letters -- in other words, they have to be memorized and instantly recognized -- recognized “on sight,” so to speak. In an average, non-technical text, they comprise over 50-70% of total words.
Therefore, children who can quickly recognize sight words can read better because while they read, they can focus on inferring the words they do not know while still understanding most of the grammatical structure of the text. Learning sight words is thus a crucial step towards an enormous reading improvement.
Action Sight Words Games application offers children an easy-to-use interface and a grand choice of six fun educational games through which children can acquire mastery over this subject matter.
6 GAMES INCLUDED
1) WORD MACHINE
Control the Word Machine. Supply all the words that need to be produced by tapping on the words called.
Your dog is hungry! Make cans to feed him! To make a can, drag the letter cards to their correct place and make a word you have just heard pronounced.
Make a Bingo to get a ticket for Aliens back home! Tap on the word corresponding to the one that you heard pronounced. Once you have matched cards from one side of the board to the next... Bingo! All Starfall Word Aliens are back home!
4) MEMORY GAME
Match the sounds to correct word forms! To do so, tap on one of the speakers, hear the word, and then select one of the cards below with a correct word. Do it for all words!
Tap on one of the speakers on the screen, hear the word pronounced, and place the word across the speaker. Repeat for all words to see wonderful gears animation.
6) FLASH CARDS
Practice in the Flash Card mode. List through the words and top on the cards to hear the words pronounced again and again!
- Advanced word management system
- Avatar selection
- Choice of capitalized words and upper-case or lower-case letters
- Access to best scores
HUGE UPDATE! We added new fabulous reading games & educational activities to learn sight words.
* The best-way to learn sight words, reading,spelling, and more.
* Designed by teachers & Loved by parents (Parents' Choice Award Winner)
• Based on input from school teachers, we added the possibility of choosing either capitalized, uppercase, or lowercase letters. The lettercase can now be selected directly from the main menu.
• Further, you can choose which words you want your child to learn in the Settings.
Ratings and Reviews
Just downloaded this app, it does not work and I paid for it. Says loading for about a second, then the screen goes black. I also erased and redownloaded did not work.
Developer Response ,
I am sorry for the issues. Unfortunately, there is nothing what we can do with these kinds of errors. It means that the app is not probably correctly installed. Please try to restart your device, then reinstall the app. If it would not help, please contact our technical support.
I just paid for this app and all it does is go black after a loading screen of about ten seconds. Can I please get a refund if this is useless???
The letter "a" is not pronounced /ah/. It's pronounced /ay/. I hate to think I bought something that is going to teach my kid how to mispronounce common sight words.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Terasoft, a.s.
- 104.8 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 4+, Made for Ages 6–8
- © Terasoft, a.s.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.