Your superior document scanner!
Scan and convert documents to PDF, Word, Excel, PPT, TXT, FB2, EPUB, and share them anywhere.
ABBYY FineReader PDF - the first smart AI-powered scanner that turns your mobile device into an all-purpose tool to quickly capture docs and books, create electronic copies in PDF and JPEG and extract texts from scans for further editing and sharing.
FineReader PDF - the top mobile scanner for iPhone or iPad from ABBYY, a Digital Intelligence company.
*** Ranked #1 Business application in 98 countries ***
*** Winner of SUPERSTAR Award in the "Document Capture" category in the Mobile Star Awards ***
Use FineReader PDF to scan paper documents, books, agreements, receipts, magazine articles, notes, recipes, charts, tables, slides, whiteboards or even billboards on the street and get perfect digital copies.
• PDF & JPEG. Scan any text and save scans to JPEG images or cross-platform PDF documents.
• OFFLINE OCR. Quickly extract text from scans into TXT format on your device without an internet connection.
• ONLINE OCR. Recognize text (OCR) on scans in 193 languages (including Latin, Cyrillic, Chinese, Japanese, Korean alphabets) and choose from among 12 output formats including Word, Excel, PDF, preserving the original document formatting.
• SHARE & EXPORT. Send results by email, to FineReader PDF for Windows, save in cloud storages - iCloud Drive, Dropbox, Google Drive, Yandex.Disk, Evernote, OneDrive for Business and more.
• ABBYY NEURAL NETWORK. The smart gallery will automatically classify documents into 7 types: A4, books, business cards, handwritten, IDs, other docs, receipts.
• SEARCH TEXT ON PHOTOS. Type a text containing on a photo into a Search field in the gallery. FineReader PDF will find photos that have this text.
• AR RULER. Define doc size in AR. It will be useful for non-standard documents and further printing them out in proper proportions.
• BOOKSCAN TECH. When scanning books, BookScan will split the opposing pages into two separate images and correct any distortions and lighting defects. It will unbend any curved lines as if you pressed the book against the glass of a conventional scanner (Internet required, up to 100 pages per document).
• SIRI SHORTCUTS. Open scans with Siri and set the flow of actions with scans using Shortcuts app.
• ANNOTATE SCANS. Discover a set of easy-to-use tools to modify your PDFs: add your signature or a text box, use highlighter, write with a pen, or conceal content with the redaction tool.
• 3D TOUCH & SPOTLIGHT SEARCH SUPPORT.
• PASSWORD ON PDF. Add a password for the image-only PDF files while exporting and sending via email.
• MULTIPAGE DOCS. Create, edit, and enhance separate images or large multi-page documents without any additional selection on the viewfinder (up to 100 pages per document).
• AUTO-CAPTURE AND FILTERS. Excellent visual quality with auto-capture of page boundaries and advanced image filters, which processes scans in color, greyscale or black-and-white versions.
• BUILT-IN FILE STORAGE. Save scans inside the app with tags and search capabilities.
• Transfer docs to your Mac or PC using iTunes sharing.
• AIRPRINT. Print out scans directly from your iPhone or iPad.
CORPORATE VOLUME LICENSING
If you are interested in volume licensing (from 100 licenses) for your company or any customization of the app, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you like FineReader PDF? Please leave a review!
+ FineScanner is now called FineReader PDF, and also gets an icon of its famous older brother. No worries – it's still your favourite mobile scanner. You can now create scans on a mobile and export to FineReader PDF for Windows to work with scans on a computer – OCR, convert, reduct, sign with digital signature, compare, etc. FineReader PDF will gradually become an ecosystem to continuously work with documents on a mobile and a computer.
Learn more on our blog.
+ Now tags are added after successful export to cloud storages.
+ Fixed issue with changing symbols in imported PDFs.
+ Disabled shortening of symbols __ to _ after exporting to cloud storages.
Important in previous updates:
+ The smart gallery will automatically classify documents into 7 types.
+ Search text on photos.
Ratings and Reviews
Just works and is my go-to scanner
I got this app some time ago, but hadn't used it for a while, thinking I would at some point use it again.
Well, I can tell you for sure, this app just works as it's intended, and is simple and straightforward to use.
Do some of the features cost a bit? Yeah. However, they are QUITE useful.
If you are like me and have a BUNCH of things to get digitized, use this app. You won't be disappointed.
Update - 2 Nov 2016
I bought a new iPhone 7 Plus a couple of days ago, and with the dual 12 MP cameras, this app is even more invaluable.
Update - 16 Jul 2018
I’ve used this for a number of years now, and it’s still my go-to scanner / digitizer.
As of this review update, I’ve scanned / digitized 603 items that I can find.
The prices for each feature weren’t terribly expensive.
Simply put, this is THE best iOS scanner I’ve used.
However, I’ve switched my rating from five to four stars because there needs to be a better way to digitize larger items (like poster size), and I feel the quality of the images captured could be improved. Everything else is spot-on.
Everything I wanted and more!
This app is an indispensable tool for anyone who wants to preserve their writing. I’ve been using this scanner for about a year now and it has made my life so much easier. I do a lot of journaling and I have tons of handwritten notes that I feared would get destroyed and this app has allowed me to preserve all of it by scanning it into a digital copy and emailing it to myself as a PDF. It’s easy and I’ve never had a single issue with it. It’s worth every cent. It puts my mind at ease by knowing that even if my hard copies get ruined, all my hard work is still backed up on my computer. Highly recommended!
Expensive for the lack of efficiency
If all you’re looking for is the ability to occasionally scan a PDF/file/image to attach to an email, this works great. However, if you’re using it everyday for something like scanning receipts, there are too many steps to go through for each receipt. Each receipt requires that you scan, crop, name, upload for OCR (which asks to choose the language every time, then wait while the document uploads), then when the OCR is done, save it to my iCloud account (which has multiple screens to jump through to find the iCloud Drive). It’s too time consuming for me. If it was $8 a year, I might not complain, but I won’t renew my subscription unless they offer a way to make these manual steps automatic each time I scan a new receipt.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your suggestion! We are working on improving the application, and we will try to make it meet all your requirements. Have a nice day,
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- User Content
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- ABBYY USA Software House Inc
- 154 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2021, ABBYY Production LLC. Scanner app.
- In-App Purchases
- Scan PDF and documents $2.99
- FineScanner Premium monthly $7.99
- PDF Scanner $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.