Termius is more than a mere SSH client – it’s a complete command-line solution that’s redefining remote access for sysadmins and network engineers. Securely access Linux or IoT devices and quickly fix issues from the comfort of your couch via your mobile device.
Termius Free Features:
· Termius is available for all major mobile and desktop systems.
· Enjoy a beautiful, hand-crafted interface.
· Support for SSH, Mosh, and Telnet sessions.
· Supports ECDSA and ed25519 keys as well as chacha20-poly1305 cipher.
· Termius is always ad-free. You are not the product.
· Pair credentials and servers for quick access.
· Create groups to define shared settings and themes.
· Tag your servers to stay organized.
· Terminal touch with support of CTRL, ALT, and arrow keys.
· Multitask with split-view support.
· Get that desktop feel with Bluetooth keyboard support. Remap Caps lock to Esc, Ctrl, or other combinations.
· Map physical input like shaking your device actions like undo or close session.
· Make it yours with 12 colorful themes and adjustable fonts.
· Power through late night sessions with dark mode.
· Make multiple connections to the same host or connect to multiple hosts.
· Import keys with iTunes file sharing in ext, OpenSSH, and PPK formats.
· Protect your credentials with PIN
· Port forwarding and tunneling let you encrypt nearly any service or connection.
· Preview active SSH sessions with an adaptive user interface.
· Built-in assistance and troubleshooting. Feel free to ask a question anytime!
Premium Termius Users Enjoy:
· A 14-day FREE Trial
· One subscription covers all your mobile and desktop.
· Sync settings and credentials across all devices with AES-256 end-to-end encryption.
· Protect your credentials with Touch ID or Face ID.
· Protect your account with two-factor authentication
· Keep your keys on your machine with SSH agent forwarding.
· Copy files with ease with our two-pane SFTP support.
· Save your fingers with snippets of commonly used shell commands.
· Run snippets across multiple servers at once.
· Autocomplete saves you keystrokes.
· Set custom environment variables.
· Easily and securely paste a password (especially handy for sudo).
· Import your desktop’s ~/.ssh/config file via the command line.
· Host chaining (jump host).
· Background sessions support.
· Port Knocking: secure your ports from unwanted scanning.
Premium Termius users are first to receive access to new features and updates!
Termius is reinventing the command line experience. We strive to make remote access for admins and engineers a more productive and enjoyable experience.
Termius Premium Subscription is available through an auto-renewable annual subscription for $99.99 or monthly subscription for $9.99 (prices vary by region).
Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. The subscription will renew automatically. Cancellation of a future subscription may be done up to 24 hours before the end of an ongoing period. The actual subscription may not be manually canceled before its termination date. Subscriptions may be managed, including disabling of auto-renew, in the Account Settings after purchase.
A Premium subscription allows you to create an account in the Termius system for synchronization and backup. A subscription may be used under one account on multiple devices across all by Termius supported platforms. A subscription may be used both for personal and business purpose.
- Splash screen is now only shown on the very first launch;
- Fixed support pages;
- Fixed lowercase input using software keyboard in Terminal when Caps is remapped;
- Fixed Try Again button on SFTP screen when presented from Terminal;
- Fixed typos on the Background sessions screen;
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I downloaded the free version years ago
Now that I find myself in a new role, being able to use my iPad for more of my actions has become possible. Additional changes in iPadOS which promote the substitution of an iPad for carrying around a laptop have pushed me to l see how much I can get done just using an iPad. Part of my role is directly interacting with a handful of Cloud Based Servers. I looked over the many choices in the Store and found I had already gotten this one. So, I give it a fresh look. First it is still being updated regularly. It gets me quickly to the creation of a new Host with exactly the right questions and allows me to group hosts *with sensible defaults* including the ssh-key to be used! I was just blown away, when I needed to construct a tunnel forwarding, that this too was part of the FREE product and EASY to describe / turn on and off. This is now my GoTo tool when I need to bring up a fresh server or maintain and existing one. With this much features and support for the FREE version (no timeout, etc.), it is worth kicking the tires for yourself and about time I shoot money to the author to support this great tool.
When will the experiment end?
My single star is of course for the paid version only. 5 stars for the free version. One part of the pricing controversy is that because the app is freemium, the star ratings for the free version and for the subscription version are combined. The free version is wildly popular, while I suspect from scrolling down the list that the subscription version rates between 1 and 3 stars entirely because of the unreasonable cost and subscription model.
Ultimately the future of the full-featured version will be decided by the revenue the developer is able to extract from willing customers. Should the overpriced subscriptions fail to support their desired income level, I worry that they may simply take their ball and go home, abandoning the product, which would be a shame. It is truly a magnificent app. But it takes humility to back up and accept working for less money than you feel you deserve, and the main author doesn’t write like he is rich in humility, but of course I don’t know, that could be unfair.
I do know that I am with the greater crowd of people who would pay something for the app but will deprive ourselves willingly in protest at both the price and the execrable subscription model. I hope the future of the app becomes clearer: stay as is, become cheaper, or whatever else. Despite my position, I do wish the developer some degree of success. There is great talent there.
Replaced several other SSH/SFTP clients on PC/Mac/iOS
I have been in IT for 15 years at this point and have used basically every major terminal emulator and SFTP client there is on every platform (PC/Mac/Android/iOS/Linux/Solaris/BSD/HP-unix/et al.) Paid, free, doesn't matter, I’ve shelled out the cash to buy serious SSH clients. But none have really cleaned up the whole experience as well as Termius here. I can shift between any of my systems, iPad, iPhone, Mac, PC and share the same set of devices, public key auth credentials, and scripts. Nobody does it like this, at this level of quality, in such a great looking cross-platform UI. Yes, it costs money for the subscription. SO WHAT! Do you want to have a cloud service that does all the above and gets better with time while responding to new tech? You gotta help pay the developers that make that work. Just give it a shot, the 14 day free trial thing will tell you all you need to know. For me, I have paid upwards of $700 for other systems that provide these features.... on PC/MAC... but not mobile as well. So is Termius worth a few bucks a month? Of course. Would highly recommend.
- Termius Corporation
- 1.3 GB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Termius Corporation
- In-App Purchases
- Termius Premium Subscription $99.99
- Termius Monthly Subscription $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.