Avaz AAC is an augmentative and alternative communication app that empowers children & adults having speech-related difficulties with a voice of their own. A fully-featured speech app that also includes a training module for new AAC users & caregivers.
The research-based pragmatic vocabulary consists of over 15,000 symbols (Symbolstix) with a variety of high-quality voices that a communicator regardless of their ability can tap to form sentences quickly. With a wide range of personalisation & customisation options, you can make Avaz AAC your own in just a matter of minutes.
Core words, as we know make up for 75% to 80% of what we speak during our typical day. These core words are laid out in an order that is based on extensive years of research. This allows users to grow steadily from using 1-2 word phrases to full sentences using Avaz AAC.
+ Picture mode
- 3 levels of vocabulary laid out in a consistent pattern to ensure quick access and motor memory that grows with the communicator.
- Color-coded words with Fitzgerald key allows quick correlation of part of speech with other special ed classroom materials.
- Zooming in and out of words to reassure the communicator of the selection made (visual reinforcement)
- For more advanced users of AAC, choose not to show the pictures in the message box and also change the number of pictures displayed (from 1-77)
- Add and personalise multiple words and folders in a matter of seconds.
- Quickly search for words and see their path.
+ Keyboard mode
- Create sentences with just a few taps with a powerful prediction system.
- Have spell check for words that are commonly misspelt.
- Assign an entire sentence to a letter on the keyboard to quickly load them.
- Quickly speak out sentences by adding them to the quick bar.
- Track the communicator’s progress over time with the help of rich, easy to understand graphs and charts.
- Create more conversation opportunities into the communicator’s life through an activity-based dashboard. You will get conversation ideas, strategies, and modeling training for the most frequent activities of daily living.
- Resources: Access 100s of tips and research-based papers related to AAC & AT.
+ Key features
- Quickly backup and restore the vocabulary across several devices via Dropbox, AirDrop or iTunes.
- Share a folder with other Avaz AAC users.
- Seek the attention of the caregiver with the ‘mistake’ & ‘alert’ button.
- Create a PECS book by creating a PDF file in the app and printing it onto a binder.
- Access to FAQs and support desk in the app.
- Add a passcode to settings & edit mode.
+ Volume Purchase Program (VPP)
- With purchases of 20+ licenses, we are glad to offer a discount of 50% on the total price.
Avaz AAC - Lifetime Edition was formerly known as Avaz Pro.
If you wish to try before purchasing, you can download our other app “Avaz AAC” and use it for 14 days before subscribing to a monthly, yearly or annual plan.
We are always happy to hear from you. For any questions, support or general, please feel free to write to us at email@example.com
- Displaying saved sentences
- Auto-clear button
+ Updated the UX for
- Sharing a message
- Moving words from one location to another
+ Squashed bugs for
- Camera orientation while taking a photo
- Space bar delay
Ratings and Reviews
Lots of Fantastic Features
I have been looking for an AAC app for my daughter for a quite awhile, and this is one of the best I have seen! There are several features that set it apart from the others. First, it is very easy to add, customize, and place buttons. You even have the option to take a photo from inside the app. I love that there is an option to have the buttons enlarge when they are selected, and that it is possible to easily disable buttons without deleting them. The "mistake" button allows the user to let others know if an unintended button is selected. This is an invaluable tool for people who may have trouble accurately selecting buttons due to fine motor issues. The only thing that I would like to see added in a future update is the ability to select different button sizes for different pages. Overall, this is a great AAC app that is worth checking out!
AWESOME AAC APP
This is an awesome AAC app. I have tried a few others and my 4 year old autistic son who also has apraxia of speech is currently using another AAC app. I thought it was the best available and had looked at many. This one definitely is a notch above, the pictures on top with the words is EXACTLY what he needs as he can't read and seeing a sentence above in the top window in our current app seemed pointless to me. This app has the pictures along with the words, it can now make sense to him to put a sentence together. I also appreciate the keyboard feature that he can grow into. The user interface is simple and to add and change items is simple. I feel that this app is worth every penny and I plan to set it up and make the switch! Thank you Invention Labs Engineering for putting the time and effort into an app designed just for our ASD kiddos!!
Truly an amazing app!
I found this app to be very versatile, easy to use and completely user friendly! My son is verbal, but often has difficulty getting his thoughts across, but this app has helped us to understand his needs. He had no trouble finding the buttons he wanted. I love that there is the "I made a mistake" button and that you are able to create more pictures and buttons easily within the app. I am glad there is a keyboard option too for those who are able to type - this means this app can grow with the child and adapt to the hcild's abilities. My son is very sensitive to sounds and he actually liked the voice used in this app. It sounded more natural than other apps we have tried. This is definitely an app that I would recommend to anyone looking for a communication app.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.