The second best sounding piano app in the App Store (after "Colossus Piano")! Convince yourself by watching and listening to the demo video on our product website!
This app supports Bluetooth LE MIDI, as well as Audio Unit, Audiobus, Apple's "Inter-App Audio" System and the "JACK Audio Connection Kit" for audio & MIDI connections from/to other audio apps!
CMP Grand Piano is a high quality virtual piano sound module for your iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch. It is designed for professional usage on stage by connecting an external MIDI keyboard to the iPad / iPhone / iPod touch by using the Apple USB camera adapter or another adapter supported by Apple.¹ In comparison to "Colossus Piano" this app especially has a lower resource consumption and runs thus also on older devices.
CMP Grand Piano provides a very realistic sound by using a very large collection of audio samples of more than 1.7 GB (uncompressed) in size. Various articulations of each key of a real piano were sampled in full length and high quality to assemble this realistic sound. Real-time disk streaming is utilized to playback the respective audio samples with very low latency.
- Two high quality base sounds ("Grand Piano" and "Jazz Piano") with more than 1.7 GB in size.
- Two additional sounds available as in-app purchase ("Concert Grand" and "Upright Pianino") with additional 1.6 GB and 1.1 GB respectively in size.
- Polyphony up to 140 stereo voices.²
- Configurable audio latency down to 5ms.
- Integrated effects with 17 presets.
- MIDI velocity response curve editor to fine tune the feeling of your MIDI keyboard, save them as presets if you use more than one keyboard.
- App can keep running in the background, so you can play piano while e.g. using Safari or another app to display scores or surfing the Internet.
- Hermode Tuning: Makes the sound more brilliant by controlling the pitch of the notes in multivoiced music to better frequency ratios than with fixed tuning. This dynamic tuning imitates the tuning behavior of well educated musicians with string and wind instruments and of singers in professional choirs.
- Provides Audio Unit v3 plugin version of this app, which allows it to be used as virtual instrument directly within third-party multi-track DAW apps (iOS 9.3).
- Audiobus support.
- Supports Apple's "Inter-App Audio" system for audio & MIDI streaming between other apps.
- Supports "JACK Audio Connection Kit" for audio & MIDI streaming between other apps (up to iOS 6.1.3).
MIDI Player / Recorder:
- Record, save and load your songs in standard MIDI file format.
- Unlimited amount of tracks.
- Unlimited recording and playback length.
- Open MIDI (.mid) files directly from other apps (i.e. from Safari, Mail).
- Download or upload MIDI files with iTunes.
- Load your favorite songs as MIDI files from the Internet, and watch at the virtual keyboard how to play it.
- Use the "Tempo Zoom" dial knob to i.e. slow down playback at any time and learn your favorite songs more easily.
Note: This app requires quite some hardware resources from the device. In case there are problems with this app, please close apps in the background by double pressing the device's home button, the list of active apps appears on the bottom of the screen, tap and hold one app icon in the list, then press the respective app icon "minus" corner to quit those apps.
¹ For more information about supported adapters and MIDI keyboard devices, please visit our product website.
² Polyphony depends on the exact device model being used. You find a polyphony table on our product website.
• Switch directly between piano models by tapping on its icon from the piano models overview screen.
• Fixes potential crash which could happen under certain conditions during download of piano models.
• Fixes an issue of the Audio Unit Plug-in version which caused misbehaviors like random audio artifacts, noise and AU crashes under certain conditions.
• Fixes minor graphical issue.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Really the next best
Piano app that is. The more expensive one from the same developer is the best and it has other functional advantages. This one is perfectly stable whereas the other can crash on my likely under powered iPad. It is rare that the other will crash, but this one is completely stable. I own many piano apps, but these two and the Ravenscroft are the only ones I use. This is the bang for the buck without question. I still prefer the Colossal Piano, but I could completely live with this one if it was all I could or wanted to afford. I particularly like the Bechstein on here.
Did it again!
To save you some cash. Buy the red grand piano, the white upright in colossus, and the white grand piano in cmp. The white upright piano in colossus is the most real piano I’ve ever played. They’re breathtaking. Amazing tools. For 15 bucks ? A steal I’d recommend an iPad that has some
It needs a volume control within the audio unit...
- Christian Schoenebeck d/b/a Crudebyte
- 1.7 GB
Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2012-2017 Crudebyte
- In-App Purchases
- Concert Grand Piano $8.99
- Upright Pianino $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.