Call any URL with an appropriate sized button on any of your devices (iPhone, iPad or Apple Watch). The screens can be configured according to your needs using a json file.
The app is ideal for all home automation systems which support http:
- i.e. DIY, HomeWizard, PEHA-House-Control-System, PHC, DigitalSTROM, KNX, control4, Domoticz.
- It can also be used to control your IP camera (i.e. Mobotix)
- Or as a remote control for some HDMI DLNA adapter
- The app and watch app can also be used to trigger IFTTT.
Follow the configuration manual: https://github.com/sebbu/iControl-Web
In summary: Use iTunes file sharing (in Finder) or the Files App to get a sample json file for your configuration (can also be downloaded from GitHub). Name your file gui.json. The sample contains the full structure. You may want to use a json editor. If you have messed up your gui.json, remove it from the App (delete the file) to get a new guiSample.json. You may use http or https for calling a remote command within this App or other known URL schemes to open another App (iPhone/iPad only).
Support for self-signed certificates is not includes on purpose. There are many free possibilities to get a certificate of different flavor,
i.e. Let’s Encrypt (this is not a recommendation, but it can serve as a starting point for your search).
This app can be controlled via its own custom protocol icontrol://. Currently it only supports the execution of a command. (See guiSample.json for an example)
iControl does not prompt for a review as it would probably interrupt your workflow. I would really appreciate it if you take the time to leave a review (maybe with a short hint or description which system you are using). Thank you in advance!
A big thank you to the company it@business for the support of the update to iOS 13.
- Fixes an issue with watch complications
- Fixes an issue with registering json file type
Ratings and Reviews
Awesome! With more features it will be even better.
Great app, very clean build.
I'm just wishing for more features like:
Push buttons , sliders,text boxes and labels.
* Push buttons would make a lot more sense with things with involving motors.
* Sliders are my favorite when it comes to brightness/speed controls (add joysticks maybe?).
* Text boxes would help sending custom messages possible (infinite possibilities)
* Labels would add monitoring capabilities which are not less than freaking awesome.
I would consider buying a paid version of the app. I love how simple and clean it is.
I'm grateful still, thank you so much sir.
Best app ever
This is the best app ever, i use to control my mpv media player on my linux when i watch movies to control the volume, play/pause, forward/backward using python http server.
The interface can't more simple and awesome, and configuration is surprisingly easy. Great idea for the app.
Thanks for developing this great app and putting it up for free and open.
I would love to see authentication implemented as this is the only way I could control certain devices such as Lifx Bulbs
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Sebastian Bub
- 28.7 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2012 Bub Software Distribution
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.