Create quick, professional estimates and invoices, accept payments, and manage projects from anywhere!
Joist is a FREE tool for contractors that helps you SAVE TIME, WIN MORE JOBS, and STAY ORGANIZED.
► CONTRACTORS LOVE JOIST
• SAVES TIME - Complete work at the jobsite or in the truck, rather than spending your evenings and weekends catching up on paperwork after a long day
• WIN MORE JOBS - Send your client an estimate before you leave. Be the first to get an estimate in their hands, and give them the opportunity to say YES on the spot
• REMOVE THE BOTTLENECK OF ESTIMATING & INVOICING - Build estimates and invoices quicker by creating and selecting from your list of commonly used materials and labor rates
• ACCEPT PAYMENTS FROM CLIENTS - accept Credit Card and E-Check payments from your clients directly through Joist, so you can stop wasting hours driving around to pick up checks and deposit them at the bank
• EASILY MANAGE CLIENTS - Create, organize, and store valuable client info, so you can access their info anytime, on the go
• LOOK PROFESSIONAL - Show your clients that you’re the contractor they should trust for the job; with customized, professional looking estimates and invoices
- Customize your estimates & invoices with your company info, logo, etc
- Attach a client contract and collect a signature directly on the spot
- Accept Credit Card and E-Check Payments directly through the app
- Build a list of commonly used items/services/materials
- Attach photos to your estimates and invoices
- Preview estimates & invoices before you send
- Print or email estimates & invoices on the spot
- Create a personal message for your clients
- Convert estimates into invoices
- Keep track of customer payments and how much you're owed
- Manage and save your clients information
- Set your tax rates
- Export everything into your accounting program (reduce bookkeeping costs)
*Access all your info from any device or the web - Joist is a cloud application
► WHO USES JOIST
All types of contractors, estimators, and service companies use the app, such as: general contractors, handymen, electricians, plumbers, builders, landscapers, roofers, painters, carpenters, heating and air conditioning, flooring, siding, tile, concrete, paving, bathroom and kitchen remodeling, renovators, deck builders, drywallers, pest control, and more!
► WHAT OTHER CONTRACTORS ARE SAYING
"Now I can do quotes on the fly I don't have to walk through the job and write everything down its all programmed in to my iPad right from material cost to cost per square foot! This app is so awesome."
"This app is better than any pc software I have ever wasted money on. And the kicker is joist is free"
► IN-APP PURCHASES
You can subscribe to Quickbooks Sync Monthly for $9.99 US, Quickbooks Sync Annual for $90.99 US, JoistPro Monthly for $11.99 US or JoistPro Annual for $119.99 US. Subscription payments will be charged to your iTunes Account at the purchase confirmation. Monthly and annual subscriptions will automatically renew after 30 or 365 days for the prices listed above, respectively, and account will be charged within 24 hrs of the end of the current subscription period, unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hrs before the end of the current subscription period. Subscriptions can be managed in App Store or iTunes account settings after subscribing. Unused portions of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
Joist is FREE to Download and FREE to use - available on iPhone, iPad, & the web.
Contact our live support team anytime!
In-app live chat
Terms of Service: https://www.joistapp.com/terms
This update contains bug fixes and performance improvements
The Joist Team
Ratings and Reviews
I run a home construction / remodeling business and have used the joist program for the past 2-3 years. It is a very easy way to create and send invoices to customers or potential customers. Now that the times have changed and the hand delivered / hand written quotes and invoices are a thing of the past, the majority of my documents are sent to customers via e mail. Joist has made this very easy for me to do. And it must be easy if I could figure it out! It keeps track of when estimates/ invoices were created, sent, or even if viewed by the recipient. Easily attach photos of progress or completion of projects. Save customer information for future billing. And even allow them to pay through the program (something that I have not tried) but I suppose could be convenient for some. It’s a very worthwhile billing app if you want professional looking documents in an easy to create / easy to send program. I would definitely recommend.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the amazing review! We appreciate you taking the time to outline how the app has helped your business and we hope it continues to serve you well in the future!
Joist now charges
Justin nailed it right on the head. Well said my friend. How can we trust a company who out of nowhere decides to charge me for something I've been using to run my small business for years? If I was never offered these amenedies from the beginning, I would not have a problem... In my eyes it's no different than this scenario.
If I saw someone walking to work every day in the snow and I offered them a free car to use for 5 years, then at the start of the 6th year I said you can still use the car but you have to start paying me a monthly fee. If you don't like it, you can still use the car but I'm taking two of the tires, the steering wheel, and the headlights. This is what I feel is happening with the joist app right now. I asked numerous times when I first signed up " there will never be a fee in the future right"?
Again and again I was told nope, this is totally free. I feel my business would look unprofessional if I uprooted my estimate and invoicing software out of the blue.
I hope the joist team reconsiders this move as I've loved the app since day 1.
App creator getting overly greedy
I’ve been using this app for years. It’s a simple app to create invoice and estimates (not a lot of design options but I never wanted anything too fancy anyway) to send to customers as well as create a price book, customer log, etc. So it’s been extremely helpful.
Recently however they’ve “upgraded” and locked me out of features such as the ability to take pictures and save them to the invoice or estimate, something I use almost every time!!! Also it appears I will not get notifications like I used to when customers opened my emails. It’s one thing to add to the app and charge for new features, it’s robbery frankly to lock me out of features I’ve always been able to use! On top of that they want to charge me $12/month for it!!! I could see paying $12 one time to unlock the features I’ve always had. But this is total BS. I’m not asking for something to be free. But $12/month is way too much to charge, I’m just a little fish and use this app for my side work. Even if I did a lot more work $12/month is way too much. Hope the app developers see this and get enough other poor reviews so they will change this. At least give me back my features that I already had and actually work to add new features to charge for.
Developer Response ,
Hi Dustin, thanks for reaching out to us. Glad to hear the app has been extremely helpful to you over the years! We feel that the app provides a lot of value and $10 per month (billed annually) is a fair and reasonable price to pay to run your business through the app. We're committed to growing the app and making it more robust in the future, but that requires ongoing development and ongoing investment. You don't need to decide to upgrade right away and you have until May 21st to make up your mind. After that, even if you don't upgrade to Joist Pro, you're welcome to continue using the free version of the app indefinitely :)
- Joist Software Inc.
- 156.2 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © Joist Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Quickbooks Sync Annual $90.99
- Quickbooks Sync Monthly $9.99
- Joist Pro Annual $119.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.