Over 2 million downloads!
#1 iPad app! Featured by iTunes in 146 countries!
WINNER! iOS game of the year - Pocket Gamer Award 2014
WINNER! Overall Game of the year - Pocket Gamer Award 2014
WINNER! Best casual/puzzle - Pocket Gamer Award 2014
Metacritic top 20 – all platforms 2013
“Nitrome couldn’t have done a better job bringing the series to mobile devices. A Viking Voyage is perfect!” - Jayisgames
"I’m not entirely sure that I could be any happier with Icebreaker. It’s an incredibly fun, incredibly diverse, and incredibly clever physics puzzler." - 148 Apps
"Definitely give this a look if you've ever remotely found yourself enjoying physics puzzlers." - Touch Arcade
“Bursting with clever level design and creativity, this physics-puzzler is a cut above the competition.” - AppSpy
An epic adventure based on the award-winning flash game!
An icy wind has swept the Vikings away, leaving them stranded throughout the land and surrounded by trolls, deadly traps, dangerous enemies, and worst of all… troll snot!
Now it’s up to you to save them!
Use your icebreaking skills to solve puzzles and cut your way through ice, rope, cannons, explosives, slime and… err… chickens to get your clan back safely to the Viking longboat!
• Based on the award-winning flash game by Nitrome, now expanded, updated, and optimized for iPhone and iPad!
• 140 action-packed levels in three different lands!
• Beautifully immersive world filled with vikings, trolls, deadly theme park rides, and looooots of ice!
• Use special god powers to speed through tricky levels!
• Side quests!
• Unlockable secrets!
• Epic final bosses, including the gigantic Mountain Troll and his legendary indigestion!
Can you seize your destiny and become the new icebreaking champion?
Important Message for Parents
This game may include:
- Direct links to social networking websites that are intended for an audience over the age of 13.
- Direct links to the internet that can take players away from the game with the potential to browse any web page.
- Advertising of Nitrome products and also products from select partners.
- The option to make in-app purchases. The bill payer should always be consulted beforehand.
- iCloud saving is now working properly so you can share your progress across devices
- We've remove the pesky ads that free users were experiencing
- 64bit support for latest iOS devices
- Various bug fixes
- Brand new snazzy preview video
Ratings and Reviews
Amazing, Great Graphics, And Addicting!
Great game! I used to play this when I was about 5 years old, and when later on, my dad deleted it, because he had finished it. When I got much older, I really wanted to play it again, because for some odd reason, something reminded me of it. I searched everything that would relate to the title, and it could never find it. Then years later, I was about to go on my moms ipad, and suddenly I saw the game, and it reminded me so much of my childhood. Now, I love playing it and it's probably one of my favorite games! Also, I would love an update with more levels! Amazing game keep up the great work!
I ❤️ Nitrome
Imagine a world in which you buy a game and then don't have ads and in-app purchases constantly shoved down your throat. Seriously, close your eyes and dream. Now, buy a Nitrome game and experience that world. My love for Nitrome aside, Icebreaker is just plain fun, a great mobile puzzler with enough optional challenges to allow the novice to progress and the pro to squeeze some extra value and enjoyment out of this great game. Also, I love the 16-bit aesthetic. The sound design is phenomenal too. Get this game!
I want a refund
I had previously downloaded this app when it was free and played almost all of the levels that come with it, however when I went to re-download it today it said it would cost $6 and I thought “Oh, I guess they added more as a part of this. It was a fun game before and I want to see how it improved.” When I opened the app I was disappointed to find that not only was it the same in pretty much every way, it also requires me to pay not just to use the power ups but also to play any more of the story than I had access to as a free-to-play customer.
- 58.7 MB
Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2013 Nitrome Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- bundle of 10 Fingers of the Gods $1.99
- Sack of Powers of the Gods $4.99
- bundle of 10 Gravity of the Gods $1.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.