Online Bible: Easy to use, with advanced study features
This app helps you read and study the Bible, find relevant passages and get a better understanding by examining the greek and hebrew source through strong’s numbers.
This free app for iPad and iPhone comes with extensive content, including:
• Authorised (King James) Version with Strong's Numbers
• Greek and Hebrew Lexicons
• Thematic and Cross References
Additional free and purchasable bibles and commentaries are available through the in-app store:
• English: NET Bible(free download), ASV, Young's Literal Translation, Complete Jewish bible and more
• Deutsch: Schlachter 2000, Neues Leben Bibel, Neue Genfer Übersetzung and more
• Français: Segond 21
• ... more content for these and other languages will continually be added
Full content list included with the free app:
• Authorised Version with Strong's Numbers
• Hebrew-English Lexicon
• Greek-English Lexicon
• Strong's Concise Dictionary of the Hebrew Bible
• Strong's Concise Dictionary of the Greek Testament
• Easton's Bible Dictionary
• Treasury of Scripture Knowledge Notes and Cross-References
• Themes Dictionary
• ThemesIndex Study Notes
## Online Bible Premium ##
By becoming an Online Bible Premium User you help with the continuation and future development of the Online Bible app.
* Premium Basic (per Month or per Year): Support Online Bible and get a few extra features like dark mode and unlimited categories for bookmarks and highlights.
Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscriptions automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period at the rate of your selected plan.
Current subscription may not be cancelled during the active subscription period; however, you can manage your subscription or turn off auto-renewal by visiting your iTunes Account Settings after purchase.
* Completely renewed content store.
* Various bug-fixes and optimizations
* Improved search matching with accented characters
* Tapping the status bar will jump to the beginning of the current chapter or when already at verse 1 jump to the previous chapter.
Ratings and Reviews
Free, Powerful, Stable and Indispensable
Similar to many other commenters here, I have been using the Mac desktop version of OLB for many years to write Bible commentaries, to compile topical KJV Bible verse lists, to share verses on my blog, and to include verses in my social network comments.
I was so happy to discover an iOS version of OLB some time ago. Now, when I am too tired to work at my computer, I can lay in bed with my iPhone, and still share God’s Word with my online friends.
Similar to the desktop version, this app is very stable, and is an indispensable part of my daily work flow. Thank you for all your hard work over the years, beginning with Ken Hamel.
The best Bible study app
I have been using The Online Bible almost since its beginning. Mr. Larry Pearce and his staff have been committed to keep everything updated, adding modules, and devices as technology improved. The Cross Country Store folks have been very easy to deal with as well, not that I have needed to that often, but a couple times I forgot my password and account purchases, and they readily restored those settings. I do have other study apps, but this is my main go-to app when I really need to know something and in a hurry.
My first electronic Bible
I have enjoyed using the online Bible since receiving it on 3.5” diskettes during the 1990s. I was overjoyed upon finding it for the iPhone.
I will always remember the amazement in my Pastor’s eyes during a class as he said, “How did you know that!” “That was the number of times the Hebrew word “almah” appears in the Bible. Just one of the many things the Online Bible has helped me to learn, understand, cite, or some combination of all three.
- Cross Link Services B.V. Apps
- 93.5 MB
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2013 Cross Link Services B.V.
- In-App Purchases
- Herziene Dächsel Commentaar op de Bijbel Ed. 2013 $22.99
- Matthew Henry's Consice Commentary $0.99
- Apocrieve Boeken (Statenvertaling) $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.