Track your path and altitude
Designed for iPad
You love to be outdoors, and exploring nature by hiking fantastic trails - now you can track your hike including altitude profile, enter comments and drop pins to mark highlights. Includes watch app with health kit integration!
Just take your iPhone or iPad, and switch on tracking mode. The app will
* record your hike and show it on a map, including flyover where available
* sync automatically to your iPad and other devices through iCloud
* stop tracking automatically when you arrive back to your starting point
* show distance, duration and altitude statistics (very precise altitude measurement with iphone 6, 6+ and better)
* give spoken feedback on key hike parameters as well as start and stop
* enables you to drop pins on important waypoints with a long tap on the map, and enter a description for the hike and each marker
* display of distances in meters or miles
* provide widgets for statistics and height
HealthKit integration on watch app:
* start workout session on apple watch automatically with each hike, contributing to the activity rings (can be configured in settings)
Backup / data exchange functionality: Save your hike data to a file, open in another app, email, or access it on your Mac / PC through iTunes file sharing. GPX data format supported for exchange with other apps.
The app uses GPS to record the hiking trail outdoors. To enable troubleshooting of GPS signal reception, a screen is available to show current GPS measures (Position, altitude, accuracy). Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. This app protects your battery life by automatically switching GPS off at the end of the hike, and limiting the overall tracking time (configurable in settings) .
Tracking your activity with your friends will give you all details of your achievements. Start tracking and sharing your hiking trails today!
* IOS 16.0 changes
Ratings and Reviews
Best hiking app out there
This app is great - does or all. I can follow my progress on several maps - standard, satellite, hybrid, 3D - wow. Very accurate.
Very intuitive. Just press a button and ofd you go. Turns off the hike if you want when you get back to starting point.
It synchs automatically to both my iphone & ipad.
The price is low and well worth it. I do worry that this app is so good the developers will do what all the other hiking apps did - turn it into a subscription service.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 4.3 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 15.6 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.6 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.6 or later.
- Requires macOS 12.5 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © grapevine-cottage 2021
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.