Photo academy in your pocket! The basics of photography for beginners and useful tools for professionals.
＊ "Editor's choice" in more than a 100 countries;
＊ Starbucks "Pick of the Week";
＊ "App Store's Amazing Apps & Games" participant;
＊ #1 top paid app in 19 countries;
＊ #1 top paid app in "Photo & Video" category in 43 countries.
Even though everyone has a camera these days, taking a truly good picture still requires knowledge and mastery.
With Great Photo App, you will start learning photography by practicing: with the help of interactive lessons, you will gradually gain understanding of the foundations of the art of photography.
We will take you on the road to knowledge through the varied aspects of photo making with the help of easy to understand exercises. Just like a real friend, the app will point out your mistakes and praise your successes.
You will learn:
- What exposure is, how to select the right exposure, and what influences this.
- Aperture. Its full importance and all of its effects for your pictures.
- Shutter speed. You decide whether to freeze time or slow it down. We are giving you the key to understanding this process.
- ISO. Demonstration of how ISO affects exposure and image noise.
- Depth of field. Visual presentation of everyone's favorite blurred background.
- Camera lenses. Study the difference between focal lengths by taking pictures of a beautiful model using a variety of lenses;
- White Balance; what is White Balance and color temperature and how to use it;
- Basics of studio light; what is the difference between rim light and fill light? How to correctly set up your first lighting scheme;
- Lighting setups for studio portraits; 10 core lighting setups for studio photograpy with datailed light source diagrams;
- Studio light: professional tool for choosing studio lighting setups;
- Studio portrait+: 18 more studio portrait lighting setups.
The comprehensive lighting manual will give you the opportunity to find yourself at the shooting location complete with an obedient model and lighting equipment.
Experience for yourself what it means to shoot in artificial light.
You will have access to more than 1,000 lighting setups for your quests, studies, and demonstrations.
Easy interface, friendly environment, and our personal team of models.
Start your photographic adventure with The Great Photo App and get on the road to the best picture.
And may you have good light!
Added support for new devices
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Cleverly and creatively uses a series of representative photos to convey important principals of photography (depth-of-field, aperture, different light & composition techniques, a range of typical lenses, etc.). For example, you can tap anywhere on a succession of photos to see exactly how different lenses can capture subjects. This can really help identify what lens you want to buy next or, similarly, show you the actual impact different types of popular studio and flash lighting can have on your composition. Where can you find such a practical demonstration of different popular lighting options?!
No books or DVDs on photography that I have seen can compete with this approach to teaching. I think this is app is best suited to beginners and intermediates (who were largely self-taught), imho. A truly helpful app and a genuine pleasure to use. It downloads each section when required and the size of most downloads will all but require WiFi.
A popular hidden jewel of an app
Whether you’re a beginning photographer, or an experienced shooter who wants to expand their knowledge, this app is worth every penny.
A great app for aspiring photographers; it also gives aspiring videographers lessons on capturing the perfect image.
I suggest that you buy the only two sections of the app that have an associated cost. One covers location lighting and the other, portrait photography. $6.98 is a more than generous bargain for a informative app. App development costs money, and I’d love to see the developer continue to updating this app; perhaps even creating a second and more advanced app.
Initial app offers some usable content for beginners, but...
...the cost of further lessons is a bit ridiculous. So, for an enthusiast, to dump cash on top of cash in the hopes of getting something of value is not worth it. There are plenty of FREE online resources with the same basic learning IMHO.
For some, ...they might find spending what?...about an additional 17 dollars to get any usable content in a cutsy app is worth it. For me, Id rather look for guidance on any one of the photography websites, that offer
In-App PurchasesSee All
- Baglan Dosmagambetov
- 70 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, German, Japanese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © Mobile Creators
- In-App Purchases
- Location light $2.99
- Light basics
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.