The Mega App is 16 medical apps bundled into 1 large app! It contains quick and detailed information in the care and management of the patient in the obstetric, pediatric, trauma, surgical, critical care, emergency, and anesthesia setting.
The 16 apps included in this massive app are listed below:
1. "Malignant Hyperthermia" - Simplified with the latest literature from the Malignant Hyperthermia Association website.
2. "Calculations"- ABL/EBV, BMI, BSA/CI, MAP, SVR/PVR, Bicarb Deficit and O2 Cylinder Duration. There are no anesthesia drugs doses calculated.
3. "Crises" - This simplifies the emergencies you may deal with in the world of anesthesia. Algorithms and review notes from Amniotic Fluid Embolism, cardiac, airway and other emergency situations.
4. "Anesthesia Case Tips" - The "Anesthesia Case Tips" book (kindle) version on Amazon.com was one of the top selling anesthesia books the year it was published. It consists of 27 chapters with over 500 cases. The simplified search engine permits you to find your case within seconds. There is also a “Notes Section” for you to add personal notes for each case. Cases are frequently being added. Many of the newer cases cannot be found in Jaffe.
5. “Drugs/Drips” - There are no drug calculations in the app, just basic pharmacology information as a review. This app contains over 200 drugs/agents/products that are commonly used in the field of anesthesia. Perfect for students and a good review and quick reference for anesthesia veterans. Also, common information concerning anesthesia drips. There are no drug calculations. Contains:
*How to mix your drip.
*Popular mixing concentrations.
*Equations used to get the drip rates as a reference
*Pharmacology notes on how the drug works.
6. “Adult Anesthesia” - This app offers you over 350 drugs as a basic review.
7. “CABG for Anesthesia” - Tailored for someone learning to manage hearts in anesthesia. It is simplified but still detailed. It explains:
*CABG cliffs notes you won’t get in class.
*Step-by-step instructions from pre-op to post-op care.
*What to do from the beginning.
*Setting up the room.
*What the surgeon is doing.
*What the surgeon will do next.
*When and what drugs to give.
*Common cardiac drips.
*Coming off bypass & how other experienced anesthesia providers come off bypass.
8. "Blood/TEGs" - Notes on blood transfusion and blood products. TEG review notes and simplified for beginners.
9. "Pediatric Case Tips" - Contains how we manage close to 100 surgical procedures from start to finish. It was edited by experienced pediatric CRNAs who sit the cases and how they manage them.
10. "OB Regional Anesthesia" - Contains the same material as many OB books, but simplified and user friendly. Equivalent to a 500 page book. Simplifies and user friendly.
11. "LA Max Doses" - One click and you have a quick reference to all the maximum local anesthetic doses.
12. "Local Anesthetics" - A quick detailed reference to all the local anesthetics. Information on:
*Doses & concentrations for the variety of blocks
13. "Anticoagulants & Neuraxial/Deep Regional Block Tables" - Tables of 25 anticoagulants that show:
*Minimal time between the last dose and initiation of a block.
*Whether the anticoagulant can be administered while an epidural catheter is in place.
*Minimal time to restart the anticoagulant after catheter removal.
*When to restart anticoagulant after procedure.
*When to remove catheter after administration.
14. "Platelet Function Assay and interpretation."
15. "Pharmacology & Reversal methods of 28 anticoagulants."
16. "Coagulants & Deficiencies"
***iCloud must be switched on to save personal notes.***
Add new content.
Ratings and Reviews
What a great anesthesia resource!!
What a great app!! I use it so much. It’s so convenient to have so much information at my fingertips! Adding the mega search engine was super helpful. I can find so many things quickly by typing what I’m looking for in the search engine. This app was a great investment to my daily work practice. Highly recommend!
good, not great (room to improve)
This app is not always comprehensive & has varying formats (which equate to difficulty of use).
For example, under Case Tips it will have certain information for one type of surgery, then leave that same information out on another type of surgery. Additionally, it will contain drug information on one medication, but on another the format will be different & some information will be missing.
It’s a good app, but not a great app. They have some room to improve to make it a “great” app.
Developer Response ,
Hi and thank you for your review.
You are correct.
Since then, we have implemented a universal search engine to link together similar related searches, especially with drugs found in different categories within the app.
Please add pathophysiology and physiology notes
This is an excellent app but I find myself wanting to add pathophysiology and physiology notes. It would be helpful if we had ability to add topics ourselves to those notes as well e.g. adding topic of “Bezold Jarish Reflex” under a physiology section.
Maybe create a login to Vargo online so that if we change phones, or the app changes, we are guaranteed to keep the information we have stored on Vargo (online) rather than just depending on iCloud.
Developer Response ,
All the new notes will now be stored on a Google data base which will require the user to have a Goggle account. Notes can be retrieved after the user switches phones.
This also pertains if platforms are switched form Droid to IOS and vise versa.
"Coexisting Diseases and Surgery" has been released and covers the pathophysiology you are referring to.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Vargo Anesthesia Inc
- 119.2 MB
- Requires iOS 11.4 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.4 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2021 Vargo Anesthesia
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.