Fall alseep or just relax with the sights and sounds of the sea. This app is a fun and relaxing way to immerse yourself in a beautiful, customisable, ever-changing scene, set by the sea. Use it to take a few minutes 'vacation' during the middle of a busy day, or turn off the screen and just listen to the sounds of the sea as you fall asleep.
What do people say about our app? Below is just a small selection of recent reviews from happy App Store customers:
~ Beautiful, Mindful and visually pleasing ~
~ This app is amazing. Thank you for the relaxing sounds of weather ~
~ Simply beautiful… ~
~ This is a lovely app. The sounds effects are wonderful, very relaxing and the different options make it even more appealing ~
~ Very nice to look at when you just want to relax for a few minutes ~
~ It is attractive and extremely relaxing to listen to either day or nigt ~
~ I can turn this on and just play it awhile and all my stresses just vanish ~
~ The most beautiful relaxation and sleep aid app I've ever used ~
Children and adults will enjoy playing with the different settings. You can make it rain or snow, watch a spectacular lightning storm, add fog or just listen to the calming sound of the waves breaking the shoreline while sea gulls glide overhead — all from the comfort of your chair, sofa, or bed!
Here are some ways you can enjoy this app:
~ put on your headphones, connect it to your Bluetooth device or dock, and enjoy the relaxing sounds of waves and the sea
~ put it on your desk or beside your chair, set the scene to change automatically, and you'll have a beautiful ever-changing screensaver to look at whenever you like
~ put it beside your pillow or on your bedside locker at night and let it keep you company as a nightlight to fall asleep to
~ set up the sleep timer, turn off the screen, and let the background ambient sounds of the sea take you to dreamland
- 5 different lighthouses in total:
- the original Lighthouse by the Sea
- Poolbeg lighthouse, Dublin, Ireland *
- Créac'h lighthouse, Finistère, Brittany, France *
- Souter lighthouse, Tyne and Wear, England *
- Haceta Head Light, Orgegon, USA *
- lots of different weather options to chose from including:
- rain *
- lightning storm *
- snow *
- fog *
- random scene generation
- automatic scene change mode with timer *
- landscape and portrait* mode
- all original artwork, especially designed for iPad and iPhone Retina displays
- audio soundtrack changes with the scenes
- daytime or nighttime* settings
- during the clear night* sky you can set the phase of the moon, including a lunar eclipse
- shooting stars option
- floating things (dandelions and cherry blossoms)
- sleep timer so you can use it as nightlight — your device will to sleep by itself after the time you've set
- sound/mute option
* = in-App purchase
The app is designed to work with as many iOS devices as possible but because of the graphical requirements performance may not be optimal on older devices (we haven't had any reports of this so far, but if you experience it, please get in touch at email@example.com).
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
Bug fixes and minor improvements:
1. Changed wording of Sponsor in-app purchase to make it clear it will unlock All in-App purchases. Also if you already have purchased all In-Apps, this option is now disabled
2. Twitter button wasn't working
Many of the features which before where available as part of the free App are now only available as in-App purchases. We didn't want to do this but we need to recover costs. Sometimes we might make some of them free for a limited period. Check our Twitter account to stay informed (@portablepoetry) or get in touch.
If you like this app do please post a review or rate the app for this update — remember, even if you posted a review before, you can post a new one when there's a new update. We really, really appreciate positive feedback.
Ratings and Reviews
I love the look of a lighthouse and am Able to change it with the seasons and day or night. Truly a pleasure to interact with and so soothing to the soul. Relaxing ! I always wanted to hear. the. sound of the lighthouse again and now I'm able to 😀
Developer Response ,
Thank you — we greatly appreciate your kind words!
Love this relaxing app!
I really enjoy the relaxing animations and peaceful water sounds (even plays in background); as well as ability to change weather conditions, lighthouses, night/day, and elements such as rain, birds, etc. Perfect!
Relaxing, plenty of options
I have enjoyed this app for many years, but PLEASE Update it to support new screen sizes of recent model iPhones. A full screen would enhance its visuals immensely.
The developer, David Penny, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- David Penny
- 81.4 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 9.2 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.2 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Portable Poetry, 2017
- In-App Purchases
- Night time
- Extra weather
- Extra lighthouses
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.