FireMapper is designed for firefighters for quickly generating bushfire and other incident maps. The applications provides a simple interface for drawing maps and exporting via Email.
Maps are stored on the local device and can be created or used offline. No internet connection is required for collecting data.
FACEBOOK & SUPPORT:
Like us on Facebook to be notified of future updates and developments.
MAP EXPORT FORMATS:
Multiple points can be drawn on the map and exported in the same email. The map data can be exported as:
* GPX (suitable for ArcGIS, MapDesk and other popular GIS products, QGIS)
* KML (suitable for Google Maps & Google Earth)
* CSV (suitable for Microsoft Excel & Google Spreadsheets)
* JPG (photo of the map)
You can also send points & lines as a text message.
Take geo-referenced photos and display the location and bearing on the map.
FireMapper supports GPS recording in the background. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
This version contains bush firefighting symbols that are commonly used in Australia, USA & Canada with support for:
* National All Hazards Symbology Set
* USA Interagency Wildfire Point Symbols
Including the following icons:
Hydrant, Water Point, Fire Origin, Spot Fire, Aerial Ignition, Hotspot, Defendable/Not Defendable Asset, Threatened Asset, Indigenous Site, Historic Site, Hazmat,Flora/Fauna, Airbase, Helibase, Helibase,Smoker Standing/Down,Tree Down, Medical, Mobile Weather Station, Portable Communications, Access Point, Control Point, Road Closure, RAFT, Drop Zone, Assembly area, Staging area, Base camp, Control Centre, Divisonal/Sector Command, Evacuation Area/Center, Escape Route, Refuge area, Property damage and more....
-Latitude/Longitude (Decimal Degrees and Degree Minutes/Aviation)
- UTM Coordinates
- 1:25 000, 1:50 000 & 1:100 000 map sheet references
- UBD Map References (Sydney, Canberra, Adelaide, Perth)
Search by address, suburb, latitude/longitude, utm coordinates, grid references, place name, point type and more.
Maps can be created offline without an internet connection. Map layers are cached for offline support
MULTIPLE MAP LAYERS:
- US Topographic
- Australian Topographic
- NZ Topographic
- added map preview and photo preview to feature info screen.
- cleaned up UI
- bug fixes
- Fire Front Solutions Pty Ltd
- 37.2 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Fire Front Solutions Pty Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.