Focus Keeper helps you keep your productivity high avoiding burnout using the timer. Work with time. Not against it!
* Check out the review article by Brighthand for more detail: http://j.mp/fkeeper
Here is what this app offers:
• Simple, beautiful and intuitive interface.
• Customize focus sessions, goals, colors and sounds.
• Track your productivity with insightful charts.
• Universal(iPhone/iPad) app with iCloud support.
Basic Focus Steps - It’s all about focusing your work efforts in timed 25-minute chunks, with a 5-minute break in between each burst of activity.
1) Choose a task to be done.
2) Set the timer for 25 minutes.
3) Focus on the task until the timer rings
4) Take a short break (just do something relaxing for 5 minutes)
5) Once you’ve completed 4 focus sessions, take a longer break. (20~30 minutes)
• Adjust the timer with your fingers just like you do with real egg-timer.
• Next session starts automatically when the current session ends.
• Track your progress with two different charts (14 days and 30 days)
• Set your daily goal (number of Focus Sessions per day)
• Set how many Focus Sessions you want to finish before taking a long break(number of Focus per round)
• Customize the length of Focus Session, short break, and long break.
• Choose your ticking from 10 different ticking sounds and your own music library.
• Choose your alarm from 14 different ring sounds.
• Set any sounds separately for the short break, long break, and Focus session.
• Set any colors separately for the short break, long break, and Focus session.
• Receive alarm notifications even when the app is running in the background.
• Today Widget for Focus Sessions
• Icon Badge shows how much time you left to finish the current session in the home screen Focus Keeper icon when the timer is ticking.
• Focus Reminder: If you're struggling to make a habit of using Focus Keeper, this could come in hand. You can set when you want to be notified to use Focus Keeper through weekdays and weekends.
• Option for resetting the Focus Count at midnight automatically. Now you can set your own reset time.
• Set different volume sounds for each ticking and alarm sound.
• Bug Fixes and Minor Changes
• Screen Optimization for New Devices
• Improved Stability
• Bug Fix for Wrong Display Screen Size
Ratings and Reviews
A simple but effective app to prevent burnout while working or studying (I use it for studying Japanese). The Pomodoro method helps not only with keeping you at your peak of attention span, but also helps with the much more subtle fear that feeds wandering attention and procrastination: the fear that the workload will never end. It's perfect and very comforting for overwhelming tasks that you dread sitting down to tackle.
The app itself is so visually simple, it doesn't distract, but reassures you in an easy to read timer. Personally, I customized it, turning off the tick tick sounds on the work sessions and the long break- on work sessions I found it to be stressful, and who wants a timer ticking loudly on their long break away from work? The ticking works well though for the short breaks, to keep you mindful that they're brief.
There's also a reminder that rings every Monday at 2pm, suggesting that you plug in for a session, which I rather found adorable. It's kept me from dropping the app and forgetting it, and as a result, put in more regular study time.
I downloaded this app because I couldn’t get myself to study, I kept either overworking myself studying for hours without a break and could hardly remember anything or just took hour long breaks and couldn’t get myself to focus on studying. With the help of this app I was able to quickly and easily go through my studying without wasting time looking at the paper with no motivation.
I find it best to have a 5 minute break every 25-30 mins (which is how long the average person can focus) and with the help of this app I am usually done within 3 hours (usually it took me a whole day, now I have more time)
Another thing that I absolutely appreciate about this app is that the free version doesn’t have any ads and that you can use the most important function without paying. I also love the little ring that rings whenever I have a break (you can turn it off!)
Very Simple & Intuitive
It's been forever since I've rated an app, but this simple tool helped me perform my best on my recent exam, as well focusing and studying smarter as well. Normally i just try to use my own pomodoro techniques and take mini breaks, but even i get sidetracked and want to linger on my social media a little longer. So having this app is handy, not only for reminders, but also keep track of my study sessions and mini breaks/progress as well. Because of this and because it's aided me to study 'smarter' and to study more efficiently, I've upgraded to the pro and I found it to be worth it (:
You just have to believe and push yourself to the best of your ability whether it's in school or for work purposes, just do it. And before using this app, i was overwhelmed with information and which resources to utilize, but having something handy like this, really helped me A LOT. 5/5 😌
- PIXO Incorporation
- 34.3 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © PIXO Incorporation
- In-App Purchases
- Pomodoro Keeper Pro $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.