# iWriter Pro is elegant and minimalist text editor with built-in Markdown support. Distraction-free and subscription-free.
## Key Features:
- Sync across all your Mac, iPad, and iPhone devices*.
- Text editing with live Markdown syntax highlighting.
- HTML Preview for Markdown and MultiMarkdown documents.
- Split mode with scroll synchronization for Editor and Preview.
- Typewriter mode with focusing on sentence, line, or paragraph.
- QuickLook plugin for previewing documents in Finder.
- Integrated counters for words, chars, sentences, and paragraphs.
- Fast and responsive editing even for large files.
## iWriter Pro Supports:
- Editor, Preview, and Split editing modes.
- Highlighting and rendering of LaTeX equations.
- Flowchart and Mermaid diagrams.
- Source code highlight in HTML preview.
- Exporting documents as HTML, PDF, RTF, EPUB, LaTeX, and DOCX.
- Automatic number/bullet/task list formatting.
* iWriter Pro for iPhone and iPad available as a separate purchase.
** Please note: iWriter Pro is designed to be as easy as possible so it works with plain text files only (like ‘.txt’ and ‘.md’).
- Highlight.js plugin updated (11.8.0).
- Mermaid plugin updated (10.4.0).
If you like iWriter Pro please rate it in the App Store every time the update goes live. Your ratings and great reviews help us a lot!
Ratings and Reviews
Would be great, with some improvements
I had to let my previous markup app go, b/c I moved up to macOS Catalina, which is 64 bit. There are 3 problems with this app that slow down my productivity. 1) I need an app that recognizes URL syntax, and automatically makes it clickable in documents. 2) Every time I open 1Write I am searching for a document to read or edit. However, 1Writer's default is to search the entire computer, rather that the designated file folder of my docs. Having to click the name of that folder after attempting a search is an unnecessary step. It would also be helpful if the app would automatically reveal documents as you type the letters you are searching for (live search). 3) I am often moving from one document to another, and therefore want 1Writer to remain on the screen when I exit a document. It is a pain that every time I exit a document, I have to bring 1Writer up again. There should be an preference option to keep it on the screen in the background while editing a document.
I do think this app can be very useful with these improvements.
What iaWriter should be
better typewriter mode than iawriter (doesn't redraw the screen below the cursor every newline), stripped down to just what I need (although a second document pane would be nice). I love the outline, I love the word count, I love the word count when text is selected. It's simple, fast, minimal, and awesome. Plus autosave so you don't have to think about it. Don't be put off by no free trial, it's simple, fast, but not so simple it's not useful.
Just what I was looking for.
Very minimal, clean, and much cheaper than iA Writer for the same features more fonts.
Also good to see this app is actively maintained (as of this review). Many other markdown editors have been long abandoned.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Sergey Zorin
- 8.4 MB
- Requires macOS 11.2 or later.
English, German, Russian
- Age Rating
- © Sergey Zorin 2016 - 2023
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.