Nextplus lets you stay in touch with people around the world without giving out your real number. With Nextplus you'll get:
- A free US Phone number so friends can call & text you (you pick the area code)
- Free texting (SMS, MMS + group chat) to any US or Canadian mobile number
- Free inbound phone calls
- Toll-free calling from anywhere in the world with no restrictions!
- Inexpensive outbound phone calls
- Works great over WiFi so you don’t even need a 3G/4G connection.
- No contracts, no “surprise” costs.
- Turn your iPod touch into a phone!
HOW IT WORKS
Unlike other app-to-app messengers, we let you call and text ANY phone number!
Nextplus works across all your devices so you'll never miss a message. All you need is WiFi - no 3G/4G connection required!
Your friend’s phone company charges us small fees to deliver texts and calls on their networks. Rather than force you to pay, we let you view a few banner ads or watch a quick video. If you choose, you can pay a buck or two and make those ads disappear. The choice is yours!
IN APP SUBSCRIPTION DETAILS
- Keep Your Number for 1 year $1.99 / Remove Banner Ads for 1 month $0.99 / Remove Banner Ads for 1 year $5.99 / Unlimited Ad-Free calls to Mexico (landlines) for 1 month $6.99 / Unlimited Ad-Free Calls to Mexico (mobile) for 1 month $29.99/ Unlimited Ad-Free calls to US & Canada for 1 year $19.99
- If you choose to subscribe to a plan, you will be charged a price according to the plan selected in your country. The price will be shown in the app before you complete the payment.
- Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of your current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, at the purchase price listed above
- You may manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your iTunes Account Settings and then "Manage Subscriptions"
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription
- We do not support 911 in the US
- In order to place most outbound phone calls you will need to purchase credits within the App
- If push notifications are not enabled, you may not receive messages and calls
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication
- Fixed an issue that caused some users to no get rewards for watching videos
- Fixed some UI alignment issues that may have made some text hard to read
Ratings and Reviews
Would like to give 5 stars but•••:
I’ve been using this app for well over a year now and I’ve always had this same problem from day 1, I can make calls fine, but answering a call has always been a no go. When I make a call everything works great. When someone tries to call me there’s a choice of issues and at least one happens. I won’t hear the call coming through. I don’t hear the call until the 3rd ring or later. When I DO hear the ring and try to answer the call, the call has already ended. If I am lucky enough to catch the call and answer it the person calling me NEVER hears me. A while back I would of felt rather petty to complain about anything because it was a free app and everything else worked great. However, now I’m contributing money to the app and still having the issue with the apps phone. If you could fix the faults with the phone I’d greatly appreciate it. I mean I’ve only been using your app for well over a decade and I’ve never not once complained about the app. It’d just really be great if the phone part of the app actually worked like it’s supposed to. I know a lot of people who use this app would be like me and give the app 5 stars if the phone part was fixed. We ARE happy with every other part of the app!
Great app, too many long ads
I love this burner number app because it allows me to change my number for free, whenever I want! You also get to customize your own user profile and message threads, has different ring tones to choose from and lots of other neat personalized details in the settings like a “read message” setting, vibrations and notifications, location and access to camera and contacts list. Have to do the whole captcha thing but it’s not a huge deal, the longggg ads are what’s annoying! There’s too many and they are unnecessarily long. It always works great for me to use as a secondary number for texting certain people. Not sure how the incoming outgoing calling works bc I don’t use it, But overall, it’s a great free app with no sign up fees, hidden fees or commitment to $ subscriptions. It’s exactly what I needed and I really enjoy using it!
Changing the name doesn’t change The Horrible, Misleading, ignoring all requests for help..
Do not waste your time with an app that is filled with nothing but ads, more ads and then even more ads you’re forced to watch, then be brought to the App Store after watching as if you want to buy something from their advertisers, just to earn a wee bit of Credit to go towards making calls with this so called “free” calling/texting app. Even that might be tolerable, or maybe it would be worth buying a plan from them if they ever returned emails when you were in need of “support” from them, but don’t expect a response, or even an acknowledgment of any kind if you need to ask them for help with something. They can’t even bother with a “sorry we can’t help you with this” & after a month and a half and 5 or 6 emails even so much and pleading for help, they haven’t even attempted to pretend to give a crap. Like I said, worst app ever. Even more horrible than the app is their “Support”. I’m happy to send proof to anyone who doesn’t believe it. I’ve never been so screwed over by an app, of any category, ever.
Waste of energy, and time, and I’ve run out of patience, I don’t care to go out of my way to write bad reviews ever, I’d mostly say nothing at all but these people are pathetic and I must let them, and possible future App users, esp anyone who would buy anything from them. BEWARE.
Developer Response ,
Hi, sorry for your trouble. Please email email@example.com with further detail on the issue you're experiencing so our team can sort this out. We look forward to assisting you! When contacting us please make sure you make the subject of the email "iTunes Review Contact". This is so we can assist you ASAP! Nextplus lets you text any mobile number in the US & CA, a feature that differentiates us from other apps. Our ads help enable us to keep texting free. If you'd like an ad-free Nextplus experience: Purchase our monthly ad-free subscription for $0.99 by launching Nextplus, tapping the menu icon on the right of your top navigation bar, then selecting "Premium Plans." You can even purchase any of our calling plans that will also remove the ads as well.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- textPlus, Inc.
- 155.4 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
English, French, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © textPlus, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- 99¢ in Nextplus Credit $0.99
- 99¢ in Nextplus Credit $0.99
- $1.99 in Calling Credit $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.