This app shows you where and when sun goes up and sun goes down on map anywhere you go.
It also shows time for moon and other information including age for moon.
Rotation map mode enables you to easily find the direction of sunrise or sunset on your actual heading.
World wide elevation data set from NASA SRTM (Shuttle Radar Topography Mission) is integrated within app.
Elevation is achieved, and time calculation is more accurate even without network connection and it works for world wide locations.
- Shows time of sunrise, sunset, moonrise, moonset, and indicates current sun and moon position.
- Shows time of civil twilight, nautical twilight, and astronomical twilight.
- Shows age of moon, illumination, and date of nearest full moon.
- Moon phase is drawn to show the state of moon visually.
- Shows information on any location you point on map.
- Shows elevation (height above sea level) of the location, address, and time at the location with timezone consideration.
Elevation is achieved from either USGS, GIS of Japan, or integrated SRTM data sets.
SRTM dataset is in customized form and compressed within app, so that elevation of any location world wide can be achieved, and calculation of time is more accurate. No network access is necessary with SRTM.
- Date, location, and elevation are taken into account with calculation of rise and set time.
- Street address can be shown when available. It is useful for places you travel and need to know your location when calling taxi or facing accidents.
- You can change the date and time, and see the info on exactly the time you specify, for your travel planning or for any needs.
- Supports Apple Watch app and complications. Time of rise and set, direction, current position and moon phase is shown on your watch for your current location. It also shows more details for date of new and full moon, current illumination.
* Apple Watch does not tell its device magnetic heading. The direction and current position screen shows north up only.
* You can change frequency of background refresh for complications from context menu on watch app by force touch.
Best companion for outdoor situation for photographer, hiking, mountain climbing, fishing, sunrise and sunset watching, and can provide information for travel planning.
*** PLEASE write us on our WEB PAGE if you see problem with app ***
We would like to know for details if there is a problem needs to be solved. We can not give you response if writing on App Store.
We still welcome your warm comments on App Store :)
Minor fixes for better stability.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I love everything the developer has done with app. On my first use I have only found one problem that prevented a 5-Star rating; the calculation of the correct time zone shift for displayed times is not correct (all calculations seem to be correct, just the local time for the event/time zone is off one hour). I think this has to do with the standard/daylight savings time seasonal shifts. (In Dallas, Texas, USA; we are currently -6GMT and the app thinks it should be -5GMT)
Want to set up for a beautiful sunset photo. This is the app. Will show you exactly where the sun will be setting!
Sure is hard to find in the App Store. Showed to a friend he loved it. He spent over an hour searching for it in the App Store. Please add link to app for sharing with friends and on Facebook!
Good Info, but Illegible
The type on the screen is so large that it cannot be displayed on my IPad. Much of the information, particularly times and azimuth are reduced to one number and dits. I.E., Moon Rise 0... There is no setting to adjust font size. I have tried deleting and redownloading - doesn’t help.
- Oceano Inc.
- 175.5 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 and watchOS 3.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2017 Oceano Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Upgrade to Ad-Free $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.